Error dialog when launching iOS app

Environment

iPhone 6

iOS 11.2.2

Spotify App 8.4.37.704

Steps

Type "spotify://" in Safari browser address bar.

Tap Open when prompted by iOS to open Spotify app.

After launching a "Couldn't Open Link" dialog appears with the message "Spotify can't open this type of link on this device.".

Notes

This might be a bug in the Spotify iOS app?  In the past the dialog has not appeared when doing this test.

Regards

Jamie

Hi,

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best :)

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @oneeyedspacedog, welcome to the Community!

How long has this been happening for? Did it start happening after an app or software update? Also, what troubleshooting have you tried so far? 

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info.

oneeyedspacedog
Casual Listener

Hi @SergioDavid,

Thanks for your questions.

It was working in version 8.4.28, and then stopped working in version 8.4.35.

Regards troubleshooting, typing "spotify:home" or "spotify:search" in the Safari browser address bar works, i.e. the Spotify app opens in the Home or Search tab and does not show the error dialog.

Jamie

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @oneeyedspacedog!

Just to confirm, do you get any error messages when opening the Spotify app by touching the Spotify icon on your iPhone? Also, have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app?

Keep us posted.

oneeyedspacedog
Casual Listener

Hi @Alfredo,

I do not get any error messages when launching the Spotify app via the app icon.

I still can see the issue even after reinstalling the Spotify app.

Jamie

SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for letting us know.

Could you send over a video showing the exact steps you're taking to recreate this issue? We'll be able to take a closer look. Also, if possible, try testing this out on a similar device to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

oneeyedspacedog
Casual Listener

@SergioDavid

No problems.

I did note the exact steps to reproduce the issue in the original post.

But here is the video as requested ...

https://streamable.com/943bd

iPad mini (1st generation)

iOS 9.3.5 

Spotify App 8.4.38.634

Jamie

SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for the video!

This issue seems pretty odd. Do you get the same dialog message if you try copying and pasting a track link? 

Give it a try and keep us posted.

Aimee_T
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hi,

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best :)