Every time I close and reopen Chrome and navigate to Spotify, it spawns a new session

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Every time I close Chrome and relaunch it while using play.spotify.com, it says I'm logged into another location with Spotify Connect, per attached screenshots. It's currently at 8 separate items in the session manager. This has happened on multiple devices for the last few days.

Also... when posting, I tried to attach 3 attachments per the error message "The maximum number of attachments is 3" but it only let me post with 2. Saying 3 is the max should mean you can attach 3 images.

unknown.png
unknown (3).png
unknown (3).png

Hey folks,

We've got word back from our tech team saying that this should now be fixed for you!

Let us know if you're having any further issues with this and we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks!

Comments
sansneant
Casual Listener

wait......I removed all but 1 image trying to get it to post.......... why did 3 images show up in the post....hey guys, you need a software dev? I know a good one....

sansneant
Casual Listener

Aright, so I tried clearing cache and cookies, then tried launching it on my phone, then tried incognito mode.... what's up doc ??

Screenshot_20181226-220145.png
Capture.PNG
Peter
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

If you are experiencing this issue, could you provide us with the following info for us to pass on to the tech team:

• Device + OS
  • Browsers tried
  • Screenshots which clearly illustrate the issue?

Thanks! We'll keep you updated in this thread as soon as we have more info.

Katerina
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We've passed this on to the right teams so that they can take a closer look.

If you're experiencing the same issue, make sure to click the +VOTE button.

It'd be also very helpful to leave a comment with the following details:

• The device that this is occuring on and its operating system
  • Browsers this occurs on with the version number of each browser.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any details.

Peter
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

We've got word back from our tech team saying that this should now be fixed for you!

Let us know if you're having any further issues with this and we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks!

billyrave

I'm facing the same issue. I've got 8 Web Player (Chrome) listed on the 'Conect to a device' list and I can't seem to clear. Is there somewhere in the settings where a user can clear this by themselves instead of having the tech team intervene individually?

Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there @billyrave,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you try the steps below and let us know how it goes?

1. Log out from the Web Player.
  2. Clear the cache and cookies memory in your browser. You can look online for more steps on how to do that according to your browser.
  3. Open a new tab, head to our Web Player and log in. 

If you're still having troubles seeing multiple Web Browser sessions on Connect on your browser after that, you can also try this solution here.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

Related Issues