Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Facebook][Spotify] Showing wrong tracks

Thread: 241060

Description

Two seemingly related issues:

Facebook doesn't show the track that was actually played

When copying and pasting a track URI from Spotify the pasted track is not what was copied in Spotify.

Additional information

From the original thread:

"When I listen to music it shows music I don't even listen to... It's pretty odd o-o
I've found one track in particular that is reading wrongPhilter – The Protagonist which is reading as Groove Armada – My Friend.

I also know a lot of friends music has been doing the same. It's really odd o-o"

More screenshots are also available in the original thread.

Updates

2013-01-10: Added information that it might not only be Facebook; rather Spotify providing wrong info for played/copied tracks

2013-03-05: This was resolved.

--

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

Comments
bricostello

So, then, question:

Are these issues user/track-specific, or would someone else have the exact same outcome if they listened to/shared either of the tracks in my last post?  I mean, would the same erroneous track show up on FB, or would a different erroneous track show up (or even the correct track)?  

Anyone care to try?

ThelemicWaves

I shared your first (Hang On To Yourself - Remastered 2012) and I got the same track in Facebook you got (On Twitter and Tumblr, though, I got the correct track). I am betting this is a Facebook issue, not a Spotify one (guessing). 

bricostello

Yup.  And I notice that if your tweets are set to automatically post to Facebook, posting on Twitter will get the correct track to your FB Timeline.

I mean, ultimately, it's still broken, but that's a viable workaround for now.

watercolorwes

Same issue, I have two FB accounts so I can see what is posted from my Spotify/FB login account, and have documented this happening 4-5 times over the past two weeks. Would like to see someone from Spotify address this as it will sure impact whether or not I continue to "share" what I am listening to in the sidebar!

Peter__

@bricostello wrote:

Yup.  And I notice that if your tweets are set to automatically post to Facebook, posting on Twitter will get the correct track to your FB Timeline.

I mean, ultimately, it's still broken, but that's a viable workaround for now.

That is interesting from the coding side of things. 

Fingers crossed this info will help the development team! 🙂

Peter

therockinmike

I have stopped posting to facebook until they fix it..........

Flagmo-T

Great taste of music hehe :O)

zeddicus1

Most of the tracks that I have on my harddrive will show up wrong on facebook when played in Spotify. Getting pretty annoying...

ThelemicWaves

@zeddicus1 wrote:

Most of the tracks that I have on my harddrive will show up wrong on facebook when played in Spotify. Getting pretty annoying...

Are you saying that a song that is both available on Spotify and on your harddrive does this? That gives more information to the coders and makes a kind of sense (although this is not consistently true for me). Maybe it suggests (if it is indeed always from songs on our harddrives) that the tags in the file are wrong.