Announcements

False text message?

Hello,

I got this text message, which seemed supsicious so I did not open the link. The translation from Norwegian reads as follows:
"Warning! Your Spotify account has expired. Activate 6 months of Spotify Premium now! Click here: --LINK--"

When I logged into my account settings everything seemed in order with the subscription and payments. Can you confirm that this text message is either an official Spotify message or a scam?

All the best,

Screenshot (22. jan. 2018) .jpg

Hi @Albertaoe, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We can confirm that the message you mentioned was not sent by us, as we don't sen any notifications via text message. In case we need to send any notification to you, it'll be sent to the email registered in your Spotify account.

We're gonna let the right team know about this so they can take a look. We suggest that you disregard the message you received for security.

Let us know if you have questions. Have a great day!

Comments
Julian
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hi @Albertaoe, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We can confirm that the message you mentioned was not sent by us, as we don't sen any notifications via text message. In case we need to send any notification to you, it'll be sent to the email registered in your Spotify account.

We're gonna let the right team know about this so they can take a look. We suggest that you disregard the message you received for security.

Let us know if you have questions. Have a great day!

Env: prod