Filtered Liked Songs Not In Queue After Update

I just updated Spotify for Mac to version 1.1.20.510 and noticed that now when I filter my Liked Songs, the queue no longer updates. In the previous version, it does. You used to be able to filter playlists and have the queue update to only play the filtered songs but that was removed lots of versions ago. Please bring both of these features back. They're important for users with thousands of songs in playlists who sometimes only want to listen to the songs by certain artists.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your reports and patience while we were looking into this with our tech teams.

We'll mark this as Won't Fix for now.

However, if something changes, we'll make sure to update you here.

Comments
ifengo
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android Oreo

Before, when I would search through my library and hit shuffle, it would shuffle among the filtered songs. Now, when I filter my songs and hit shuffle, it shuffles through my entire library... Please revert this change.

My Question or Issue

MattSuda
Community Legend

In the past when I filtered a playlist (search inside of it for a certain artist) and played through that filtered selection, it only played songs from the current filtered view. You could play in order, or shuffle through the filtered selection.

Now when I filter a playlist and the "Liked Songs" section in the desktop app, it plays songs from the entire playlist as well.

I am using version 1.1.21.1652.g72d782d4 on macOS 10.14.6

This feature is also broken in the iOS app too

How to reproduce:

1: Have a whole bunch of songs in a playlist (or Liked Songs) from a certain artist along with a whole bunch of other songs

2: Filter the playlist (or Liked Songs) for the artist (or whatever term you want to search for)

3: Double click the first song at the top of the filtered selection to start playback

4: Notice that playback doesn't respect the current filtered view, instead after the first filtered song, it will play songs from the playlist that aren't in the filtered view.

Please fix this bug. I use this method to search my "Liked Songs" for certain artists when I want to play all songs by a certain artist in my library. This was broken on mobile last time I checked and the only way to still do this was on desktop and now that's broken too. :( does nobody quality check these types of things before updates get rolled out?

What I tried: making sure I had latest desktop update installed and already tried restarting Spotify app

MattSuda
Community Legend
AeroZ
Composer

Yup, same issue here. Please fix.

savon7
Visitor
I noticed it today !
They changed (not to say removed) a lot of great features on android that were useful, like long press on a song in albums, arrow on top right to sort lists, ...

I hope this feature of filtering we're talking about is a real issue and not their choice to remove it.
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still experiencing the issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

AeroZ
Composer

Having the issue on:

Macbook Pro, macOS Catalina, Spotify 1.1.21

Windows 10 PC, Spotify 1.1.21

iPhone 8 Plus, Spotify 8.5.35.136

MattSuda
Community Legend

reinstall doesn't help still have same problem on Mac (desktop) and mobile (iOS)

Hey there folks,

Thanks for clarifying!

This sounds like the Ongoing Issue reported here.

Just to confirm, could you take a look and let us know if what is happening is the same?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks :)