Filtered Liked Songs Not In Queue After Update

I just updated Spotify for Mac to version 1.1.20.510 and noticed that now when I filter my Liked Songs, the queue no longer updates. In the previous version, it does. You used to be able to filter playlists and have the queue update to only play the filtered songs but that was removed lots of versions ago. Please bring both of these features back. They're important for users with thousands of songs in playlists who sometimes only want to listen to the songs by certain artists.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community.

We've talked with our tech teams however this is something we couldn't reproduce on our end.

Keep in mind that filtering through a playlist should be a way to temporarily list specific content. For this reason, we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as "Won't Fix" for now.

As a workaround, you can try the following:

1. Once you've filtered your playlist to the songs you want on the desktop app, select all songs (you can also just click Ctrl + A on Windows or Cmd + A on Mac)
  2. Once the filtered songs are all selected, right click select Add to Playlist > New Playlist

Thanks!

Comments
chevolution

I reinstalled on my Macbook pro and the filtering issue still exists. I want to listen to a specific artist in my playlist, so I filter my list and press play. The next song is NOT by that artist and plays the next song on the huge list. I want to play and shuffle based on my filtered list. What is up with you spotify? Are you trying to push away customers?

Bugequalfeature
Regular

If I reinstall it will it works as it should until I close spotify and reopen it, then the bug is back.

Also very likly due to the same bug. If you have your playlist sorted (filtered or not), and when you click the album picture, it should jump to that song, in the list where it's playing from.

If the list is not sorted then it jumpes to the correct one, if the list is sorted in anyway, then it will jump to a different song, it's like the "index" doesn't follow the filters or sorting. That's probably where the bug is in the software. Please fix!

I have the same bug on two windows 7 x64 computer, and one windows 10 x64 computer.

Daisy
Spotify Legend

Hey @Narmerguy,

Thank you for that information so far.

Could you confirm what Spotify version you're on? 🙂 

Have a nice day!

Bugequalfeature
Regular

It has been several, but the one and latest installed is: 1.1.8.439.g8502297d

Devinallen

I’m having the same issue. I have over 3000 songs in my library and like to listen to a select artist or keyword from the filter and shuffle the songs that way. Always worked until recently. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. It worked temporarily so I  downloaded my entire library again. After I closed the app and repopened the bug was back! I’m on an iPhone X. Version is 8.5.7 

uikonimi
Gig Goer

Samsung galaxy A8/ Android 8.0.0

Spotify 8.5.11.762

Reinstalling didn't help.

Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience as we continue to investigate this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, could you send us the URI(s) of the playlist(s) that are causing this issue? We will pass them on to the right team, who will take a closer look and see what's happening.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Vengefulsoulul

This is the url of my playlist that's experiencing the issue 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/01mUvTqtbGB2gYId5EFyti

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @Vengefulsoulul,

Can you let us know your device (is it Windows 10 still?) and exact Spotify version? Thanks!

Vengefulsoulul

@jeni I haven't used Spotify in months but it happened with version 8.5. I use Windows 10.

Related Issues