Filtered Liked Songs Not In Queue After Update

I just updated Spotify for Mac to version 1.1.20.510 and noticed that now when I filter my Liked Songs, the queue no longer updates. In the previous version, it does. You used to be able to filter playlists and have the queue update to only play the filtered songs but that was removed lots of versions ago. Please bring both of these features back. They're important for users with thousands of songs in playlists who sometimes only want to listen to the songs by certain artists.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community.

We've talked with our tech teams however this is something we couldn't reproduce on our end.

Keep in mind that filtering through a playlist should be a way to temporarily list specific content. For this reason, we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as "Won't Fix" for now.

As a workaround, you can try the following:

1. Once you've filtered your playlist to the songs you want on the desktop app, select all songs (you can also just click Ctrl + A on Windows or Cmd + A on Mac)
  2. Once the filtered songs are all selected, right click select Add to Playlist > New Playlist

Thanks!

Comments
Harran
Casual Listener

Idk why you need those versions. It doesn't matter since it happens on any version for a few month now.

Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there @Harran,

Thanks for keeping in touch! 

Our tech teams are having troubles reproducing this. If you're still having troubles, it'd be very helpful if you send us the URI(s) of the playlist(s) that this is happening to. 

There's also a newer version of the app available. Could you make sure that the app is updated and let us know if the issue still occurs in this version? 

We will make sure to pass these on to the right team so that they can take a closer look, thanks 🙂

Narmerguy
Casual Listener

@Daisy  @Jemi 

I am using Windows 10 and 1.1.12.449.g4109e645 (Windows Store version). I think this has happened for over a year for me on a myriad of different versions and on different computers. I've already tried reinstalling and it helped initially and then quickly had the same problem. 

There is no playlist I have for which this does not happen. Just a random example: spotify:playlist:7AsBcWFilTyyA0FS9l3NqW

Wish you all could fix this, it significantly affects how much I've enjoyed using spotify. 

Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey @Narmerguy,

Thanks for giving us all of the needed info. Just so you know, this has been passed on to the relevant team. As soon as we have news, we'll make sure to update you. Stay tuned 🙂 

Katerina
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Won't Fix

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community.

We've talked with our tech teams however this is something we couldn't reproduce on our end.

Keep in mind that filtering through a playlist should be a way to temporarily list specific content. For this reason, we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as "Won't Fix" for now.

As a workaround, you can try the following:

1. Once you've filtered your playlist to the songs you want on the desktop app, select all songs (you can also just click ctrl+a on Windows or command+a on Mac)
  2. Once the filtered songs are all selected, right click select Add to Playlist > New Playlist

Thanks!

EliC90
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Iphone 10, PC

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

I just notice this today but the playlist filters are broken, When i filter for an artist, Linkin park for example.

It will show the list but when i play finish a song,it will jump to the unfiltered list and play random song instead of playing Linkin Park Track #2

The only way i can bypass this is to use the Liked Song where it will still play according to filtered list but all of my playlist would not work

1.PNG
2.PNG
Vancata
Casual Listener

This problem can be hard to reproduce in case the next song in the playlist is the same as the next song in the filtered list, then it looks like the filter works correct, but as soon there is a difference in the songs in the list and the filtered items the problems popups up. Maybe this is the reason you could not reproduce it. I also fall into that problem when I was trying to see if the problem is fixed. Initially I thought it was OK but then I realized that the next song in my playlist was the same as the filtered list.

Vancata
Casual Listener

Another easy way to reproduce the problem is to filter a playlist so there is only 1 result. Then click to repeat the list (not repeat one song but repeat list). After the song ends normally it will start again because the list is of 1 song but this doesn't happen and the next item from the not filtered list starts.

Another way you can see that there is a problem is that when a list is finished (no repeat enabled) the Radio function is initiated, but after the list of filtered items is finished the radio won't start it will just continue with the next song in the original not filtered list.

chrisdp3

The exact same thing happens to me. If I am in my "liked songs" playlist, and then I filter (now this is called "find song") a list of filtered music is produced. Say I search for "Kanye" in my liked song playlist, which will produce about 20 songs. If I click the first song, it will play it fine. Once the song is over, it will NOT move to the next song in the filtered playlist, but will begin to play music from my "liked songs" playlist, as if I had never filtered. 
It's very inconvenient. 

chrisdp3

Same exact issue, except it doesn't affect the Windows App, but my Android App. I think Spotify is doing this on purpose, so I just had to find an old App that didn't repeat this weird behavior. 

Related Issues