Announcements

Fire TV is unavailable for listening

I have a premium plan.  I can use spotify on my phone running Android 10 to connect to and control, my PC, and my 2 fire sticks.

I also have an Isignia Fire TV.  This tv worked for a few weeks with the spotify app on my phone as well.  Today after i log in to spotify connect on the tv, it wont playback the song im playing on the phone.  Phone says "device unavailable for listening".  Running spotify 1.31 on the fire tv. 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cash and data, reset network.  Cannot get the tv to play music.

Screenshot_20200529-143640.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Regular

For the last few weeks, I've been running into issues with Spotify randomly cutting off audio on two Fire TV Sticks at my office and at home.

The progress bar shows that the song is still playing, but there's no audio, even though the volume levels haven't changed, the devices haven't been muted and nothing has changed from the moment before when everything was working.

Restarting the Fire TV Stick and the TV, unplugging and plugging back in cables -- nothing seems to work.  It's not an internet connection issue either.  I've checked.

If I open Spotify on my computer instead, everything plays properly.  But if I use Spotify Connect to play to the Fire TV Sticks, it goes back to showing that music is playing but there's no audio.

I usually give up.  The next day it's working again.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Casual Listener
  • Same issue I can’t go from one song to another or change playlists it’s completely stuck on one song, . I’ve made sure the app is fully updated and restarted my firestick many times. Not able to use it at all very frustrating. 
Casual Listener
  1. Plan

Free/Premium

Country

I’m trying to listen to Spotify through my firestick on tv. It’s constantly sticking on songs will not let me change from playlist to playlist and also no volume . All apps are updated and this was working fine yesterday. This happened a few months ago also but then seemed to rectify itself. Hoping someone can help as i just can’t use the app like this 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Visitor
I’m having the same issue
Visitor

We’re having the same issue.  Did you end up figuring it out? 

Regular

Nope.  It still happens.

I upgraded to a premium account yesterday, and now I'm unable to play anything on my fire box. My phone (Galaxy s8) recognizes the device, but once its connected it says "unavailable for listening on" and nothing plays. Even when I try controlling it from my tv remote, I can navigate the app but nothing will play. I cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, and restarted both devices with no improvement.

Visitor

Facing same issues on my Fire TV 4k.

If I open Spotify on my computer instead, everything plays properly.  But if I use Spotify Connect to play to the Fire TV Sticks, it goes back to showing that music is playing but there's no audio.

Plan

Premium

Country

Dominican Republic

Device

Amazon Firestick 

Operating System

Fire OS 5.2.7.3

My Question or Issue

Hi. Everyday I use Spotify on my Amazon Firestick. I do this by opening the app on the Firestick and then on my phone. Once I have the song playing on my phone I hit on the "look for devices icon", click on the name of my Firestick, and music plays just fine. However, today an issue has made itself present. I proceeded to play music the way I always do, and when I connected my phone to my Firestick, the screen on my TV presented the song that I had just hit "Play" on, but no music was actually playing, neither on my phone nor on my TV; it didn't even show itself as if it were reproducing. It did not let me control the app from my phone either, and when I tried to change songs on my phone, it did so on phone but not on the Firestick. No sound was coming from either. Now I start thinking that there is a connection issue (as now my phone says so, saying that "it is impossible to connect to this device") so I try to do everything manually this time (from logging into my account to playing the song), yet the problem persists with the difference that now the song appears to be reproducing, but no sound actually playing. Out of curiosity, I decided to try with my sister's phone, and it linked perfectly from her phone and music started playing just fine. I have looked for answers and tried everything that I've seen in this page: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app (both on my phone and on the Firestick), deleted data and cache on my Firestick, checked for updates for my Firestick (which there are none available) but nothing has helped me yet.

By now it may be obvious, but I would also like to add that sound on my television works just fine, as other applications that need it (such as Netflix or YouTube) do not present any problems.

Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Visitor
Took all the same exact steps as you. Having this same problem at the moment. Wondering if it’s a systemwide issue?