Announcements

Fix Home Depot ads!!!!

Have been using Spotify for well over a year now, and since the begining, if a Home Depot ad is the sponser of a certain playlist it will screw up the app everytime! I know what Spotify will say, "Get the Premium to stops ads." I say screw that! I grew up listening to radio (free) and ads don't bother me. I tried Premium and still had other app issues, so not going to pay for a service that isn't worth the money. 

Anyhow. The only ads that affect the app are the Home Depot ones. It is 2017 and this is still happening? I just found all the other threads that address the Home Depot gliches and they are from YEARS ago. Not to mention the forum gods who don't even work for Spotify have come up with "work arounds" not FIXES. So this message is for Spotify engineers: FIX THE G.D. HOME DEPOT ADS FROM FREEZING THE APP EVERYTIME ONE OF THESE ADS PLAY! It would be nice to keep listening to the playlist after the ad is finished. Everytime I have to close the app, reload the app which seems to take longer and longer these days and then hit suffle play all over again, which sometimes means hearing the same song from that playlist I just heard. I guess I need to just start marking which playlists have these Home depot ads and stop using those ones. Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Yes it is a Windows phone which sucks for apps. Yes I have tried other streaming apps and unforetunately Spotify is the better one out there. Like I said before I don't mind ads and I am not paying for music I can't keep (meaning that once you stop your subscription, you lose music you saved). So please just fix the Home depot ads. I'm not even a software engineer and I bet I could find the problem if I see the coding of their ad vs other ads. There is obviouly something missing from those ads that causes the ad to stop and prevent the playlist from continuing. 

Hey @jKeayc!

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Have a good one! 

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @jKeayc! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

So, just to be clear this is what's happening:

• Home Depot app comes up
  • Ad plays
  • Playback doesn't continue, app freezes

Workaround:

• Force quit app and reload

Could you let me know your Windows Phone version and Spotify version as well? Let me know!

Thanks, have a nice day!

Julian
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @jKeayc!

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Have a good one!