Still an issue in Version

• 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc
  • 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1
  • 1.1.47.684.g136419d9
  • 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7

Fixed in version

1.1.51.380.ga06fdc8d

My Issue

The navigation buttons in Artist's Image Gallery are without function since latest Spotify update.

What I have tried so far

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify (Windows installer from https://www.spotify.com/de/download/other/ ).

⚠ Image Gallery navigation did work.

Then I performed the provided update.

It does not work anymore again.

spotify-gallery-bug.png

Workaround

Use Left and Right keys on the keyboard.

Hey folks,

We really appreciate you continuing to keep us (and your fellow Community users) in the loop!

Reading through the latest comments, it sounds like this was fixed for you.

There's also a newer look of the desktop app, where this shouldn't be an issue anymore. If you don't see this yet, make sure to keep the app updated. In the meanwhile, you can also use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard as a workaround. 

We'll be closing this Ongoing Issue as Fixed in this case - if you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Comments
RobertLoblaw
Music Fan

Same for me on Mac

sandmanbc71
Regular

The subject line pretty much sums up the problem. The arrows on the artist image galleries are not working since the most recent update. I have tried on 2 different computers.  Using the desktop app. Others have posted about this on Reddit.

Other features seem glitchy now too, the "read more" button intermittently does not work.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop 

Operating System

Windows 10

dinomight
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey @sandmanbc71, thanks for posting! This definitely appears to be a bug. I noticed the same thing a few days ago and can see it's still happening now. If you could please submit this as a bug report on this page, it should reach the Spotify team so somebody can look into it.

DeathVigil

Same Here. For about a month now.

DerMaddin
Regular

@dinomight 

Normal users are not able to post issues on the page you linked. Otherwise I would have done so already.
Spotify FAQ says, to report a bug, we have to post it in the Community Help forums here and a Spotify staff member will move it to the bug tracker.

So I already reported that bug a week ago here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Navigation-in-Artist-s-Image-Gallery-does-not-work-...

So, please everyone, upvote that one as it got 7 upvotes already.

DerMaddin
Regular
Still an issue in latest update ( 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc )
sandmanbc71
Regular

As DerMaddin  mentioned, the "start a new topic" option doesn't appear at all on the link you provided. I have no idea how to Report a Bug on the On-going issues page.

In fact I had to look up how to post a new topic anywhere, it had been awhile and the spotify community boards are not really intuitive in their design.

Anyway, we will see if anyone notices my or DerMaddin  posts.

Thanks for having a look though. If you provide some insight on how to report a bug then I will follow up.

dinomight
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey @sandmanbc71 and @DerMaddin, thanks for the heads up on the bug reporting issue. I had to get myself up to date on the procedure for that board as I didn't realize you guys wouldn't be able to make a new post, so my mistake! I will see if I can get some assistance getting these moved into the Ongoing Issues section for you. Thanks for your patience!

Xenia
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us!

We've passed all your info on to the right team and they're looking into it. If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread so that you'll be notified as soon as there are any updates.

We hope to have more info soon.

Xenia
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey everyone,

We just wanted to provide you with an update on this issue: 

The right folks are looking into this, but just as a heads up, we’re not able to confirm an exact timeline for a fix.

For now, we recommend using the Left and Right keys on the keyboard as a workaround. 

It's also a good idea keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to guarantee you get the latest features and fixes.

If anything changes, we'll come back here and post an update.

Related Issues