Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free users hearing ads too frequently

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports from free users about receiving too many  ads.  The reports describe hearing at least 2-3 ads after each song while on free.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
qweens

today when i went to listen to music like i do everyday on windows 10, i was getting 1-5 ads every 1-2 songs, compared to 1-3 ads every 3-5 songs. furthermore, multiple ads were playing at ONCE, and overlaying the sound and video. at one point there was 3 ads playing at once, and the video didnt match the ads that were playing. i have already attempted a clean reinstall. 

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Operating System

windows 10

spotify 1.PNG
spotify 2.PNG
ReaperWolf

I am experiencing this exact issue, play 1 song, get 3 - 5 ads, it wasn't doing that last night. Last night I could listen to 3 - 5 songs and would only get 1 - 3 ads, which I found was acceptable, but every song getting multiple ads? make me want to use a different app

CoolChiorKid

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Mr_Son

I also got hit with this today. It's playing an ad after literally every song (can take a screenshot of my Recently Played to prove it, if necessary). 1-4 ads per song.

AsherAshenclaw

same here. 5-6 ads after every song, or every three songs if i quickly skip through them. If this is a cash grab it is literally the most short-sighted way to do so, I've already affirmed that I refuse to ever buy premium.

AsherAshenclaw
it happens on both mobile and pc version. i'm listening to my cd collection until they fix this nonsense.
cerreix

I have noticed that ever since my premium expired, (which was from a gift card and had expired two days ago) I have gotten much more ads than before, such as:

- 2-4 Ads playing after I skip one song. Wasn't it supposed to be after 6 skips?

- 1-4 Ads playing after playing 1-2 songs without skipping. However, it is usually after only one song. I can't enjoy my music. 

- Two ads playing simultaneously in my screen. Meaning, there are two different videos right next to each other whilst the audios of both of the ads play together. It's so confusing.

- The "watch for 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening" seems to be no longer a thing. 

Is this only because of my premium, or has this been an issue for anyone else, whether ever since their premium has expired or this started to occur out of the blue even without it? Is this a temporary thing? This has never happened before.

(The image shows the third thing I have mentioned of two ads playing at the same time. I have never experienced this before.)

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 6.04.35 PM.png
MrMeme

I got this too, it was fine a few hours ago. Now I get 1-2 ads after every song. The web player seems fine though.

Hirathex

So, I lost my premium well over a half a year ago, which has been fine up until now. I frequently use Spotify on my phone as well as my desktop but this issue has only been happening on my computer. What's now started happening is ads will play after EVERY song. The songs I listen to are always about 2-3 minutes in length, but as soon as a single song ends I'm immediately barraged with 3 ads. This cycle keeps repeating and I'm tired of listening to more ads than songs, I get I don't have premium but I don't think this is normal.

Additionally, apologies if this is under the wrong section. First time on the website and I put it in the mac section because I never have and still don't have this problem on my phone when I use Spotify.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iMac Desktop

Operating System

Big Sur

cerreix

I have gotten the same issue. The fact the spotify ads are playing at the same time are so weird- it makes me want to use a different app. This has been going on ever since my premium expired, which was only about 2 days ago.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 6.04.35 PM.png