Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free users hearing ads too frequently

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports from free users about receiving too many  ads.  The reports describe hearing at least 2-3 ads after each song while on free.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
amtt

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue... it started a couple of hours ago and is extremely frustrating. I sincerely hope I don't have to move all of my music/playlists to another streaming app.

StarTheSaber

I also started experiencing this tonight. It was working just fine yesterday, so I don't understand why it's glitching out now. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app as well as restarting my laptop and nothing worked. For now I'll stick to the web player until it gets fixed, hopefully.

Novacaine_

I have been having the same issue. One or two songs and then ads. Usually I get three to four songs before 4 ads
It is even weirder too since I am only getting one to three ads instead of four

Screenshot (611).png
Novacaine_

Having this problem too. Started doing it not too long ago for me.

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to first try the following troubleshooting steps:

• clean reinstall the Spotify app
  • switch to a different internet network
  • try with another device

If afterwards this behavior continues,  we advise to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

lord__akinfenwa

Only started today for me, granted sometimes it was an ad every 3 songs or so, now today it was after every song, I don't even listen to popular songs, I listen to lofi which is around 2-3 mins until the next song, not only did I get an ad after every song, it was the same ad... over and over and over...

I deleted the app, re installed it, cleared my cache, nothing worked, not looking forward to having the same problem tomorrow as I go to work

Maddie_Rose82

I'm on mobile with the latest Spotify update, and I've been getting 1-2 ads after every song, regardless of whether I skip anything or not. I tried doing a clean reinstall and switching to a different internet network, but neither worked. 

rachel151

Tried the clean reinstall but still had 4 adverts after 1 song. The app works fine on my phone but for some reason the desktop app its failing miserably. It started out of nowhere too, used to be able to listen to 6-10 songs and then have maximum 3 adverts. But its now consecutively 3+ after each individual song. At one point i had 6 adverts... Hope to god this gets fixed otherwise i'm going to need to find a new music platform.

Plan 

Free 

Country 

United Kingdom 

Version 

1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a

Device 

Windows 10 Laptop

ikeat1234

Using Spotify as a free user having ads is understandable, but three ads after every song I skip?!?!? Having the three ads every now and then is fine but bro - overboard. Way overboard like to the point I am considering using other free music platforms. Before the update it was fine i could deal with it but not now, its too too much and will be pushing users away rather than to premium 

quokkaquokka

Listened to four songs on my drive to work this morning...with ad breaks of 6+ ads after every single song. I know the days of “watch one ad and get 30 minutes unbothered” are done, but this was downright absurd. Youtube would be a better streaming service with this ad ratio.