Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free users hearing ads too frequently

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports from free users about receiving too many  ads.  The reports describe hearing at least 2-3 ads after each song while on free.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
cerreix

I thought I was the only one- I'm even listening to an ad right now because the around 3 ads are playing after every song, and I didn't even skip it. 

Do you also have the issue of two ads playing side by side, and it's audio playing at the same time? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 6.04.35 PM.png
Hirathex

Yes I did!

That's when I first noticed something weird, when I got back on my pc a while ago and opened up the application I had 2 playing simultaneously. Ever since that point the ads have been going like crazy. No idea what's going on.

youdeletedme

having this problem too. Think it's a bug
https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/
Lots having this problem, it seems.

AsherAshenclaw

oh god at least i'm not getting baby shark ads **bleep**

JamaisNG

Im getting the exact problem where after every listen or skip of a song it plays ads. Normally it would be one or 2 videos back to back but now I’m getting 4 to 5 videos back to back.

JamaisNG

it just get annoying and I can’t do anything 

_sigh_

Today I started listening to Spotify and I was BOMBARDED with ads. It played 5 ads continuing from ads from the previous session then a song. After the song it played 3 ads. It would play 1-6 ads after EVERY SINGLE SONG which is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!

Trying to write this reply was a COMPLETE PAIN. Spotify Community was being glitchy and trying to post it caused it to INFINITELY reload the page, crash the browser and cause my computer to not work properly forcing me to restart it. Spotify Community still INFINITELY reloaded the page after the restart but after several attempts to return it worked.

221614700_132440708971866_3614872619004066909_n.png
cerreix

damn i thought it was just me experiencing glitching as well- took me half an hour just to post anything too, jeez. 

currently having to use another app cause no, i'm not going through that many ads at this point anymore- even if it's not like spotify.

Tato_Kamja

All of a sudden, I'm getting three 30-second ads between EVERY SINGLE SONG that plays. This is happening on both my iPhone app and my Windows 10 app. I've had it happen on my phone before but I hardly use the iPhone app and it would only sometimes happen after listening for a while. I use the Windows 10 app every day and I can usually listen to at least three songs before a 1:30 ad break. The few times I've gotten any ads after fewer songs, it's been a shorter ad break. I will not buy Premium. I understand the need for ads, but this is much more than usual, and completely out of the blue.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

ASUS ROG Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

I'm fine with ads every few songs, but this is major overkill. I have never wanted to pay for Premium, and I feel even less inclined to throw my money at a company that will suddenly choke out its free users with 3-5x as many ads as the day before.

friedrich34

I also get something very similar. 3 ads playing simultaneously: 2 visual and 1 audio song (unrelated to the two in the screenshot), which seems to me to be a glitch/bug.

friedrich34_2-1627359081148.png