Friend Feed not updating correctly

Hi, im not quite sure what's going on with my friend activity and I have been trying to figure it out. The friend activity feed is showing about half the people I am following and is lagging more than usual when someone actually starts listening to a song. I believe it has something to do with it switching over to a "who has recently played music" kind of feed, but I don't know why it would've switched over considering I havent updated the desktop app. Please help! I miss being able to see what everyone has been listening to!

Hey folks, the issue of the Friend Feed not updating should now be fixed for everyone. 

If it is not updating for you (and you can see the Friend Feed) please let us know by posting in the Desktop Help boards with the following details:

• Device
  • Device OS
  • Spotify version

If however you're simply not seeing the Friend Feed at all, please add your vote here.

Comments
kegl1
Regular

The same happens with my friends activity bar :( it doesn't appear completely.

Nadia_D_Bravo

I'm having the same problem! I love coming to work and seeing what friends are listening to. Helps broaden my musical universe! Right now, I'm only seeing 4 people. Missing a lot more. 

kegl1
Regular

Hello @Nadia_D_Bravo

I realized that the activity feed is coming back when my friends start playing music again.

Check it out!

mjealfonso1

Hope you're right. Lost half my friends from my listening feed, and they've been active within the last 24 hours since I logged out. Have done 2 new re-installs and logged in/out 4 times to no avail. I hate these glitches. It's one of the reasons we're not running to other streaming music providers. SO...FYI: SPOTIFY: QUIT MESSING WITH UPDATES TO OUR FRIENDS FEED!! PANDORA'S GONNA EXPERIENCE A NEW 9 LIVES, ESPECIALLY FROM US PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS WITH YOU FOR 7 YEARS!! FIX IT!! m

Yvettemarie

Has the issue gotten fixed? How many days to friends activity stay visible for?

kegl1
Regular

Today it was the same problem. What I did was unfollow and follow again to my friends and it worked.

londawg05

Mine is still doing the same thing today. I can’t see the one person I chat with about music activity, but I can see other people. Half my list is MIA

orz811017

mine has been broken for two days. I can't see anyone online and the list only shows a few people.

londawg05
Yep, exactly what mine is doing
andyrewthorne
Casual Listener

My friends/following activity has suddenly disappeared and now states that I have no friends that I follow. Just an hour ago I could see a whole list of the people I follow listening to music, now I can't see it. I've re-installed, unlinked and linked Facebook and tried almost everything. Is this an issue with Spotify's servers?problem.png