Friend Feed not updating correctly

Hi, im not quite sure what's going on with my friend activity and I have been trying to figure it out. The friend activity feed is showing about half the people I am following and is lagging more than usual when someone actually starts listening to a song. I believe it has something to do with it switching over to a "who has recently played music" kind of feed, but I don't know why it would've switched over considering I havent updated the desktop app. Please help! I miss being able to see what everyone has been listening to!

Hey folks, the issue of the Friend Feed not updating should now be fixed for everyone. 

If it is not updating for you (and you can see the Friend Feed) please let us know by posting in the Desktop Help boards with the following details:

• Device
  • Device OS
  • Spotify version

If however you're simply not seeing the Friend Feed at all, please add your vote here.

Comments
londawg05
I just downloaded it again on my computer so hopefully it’ll change due time
swolf19

I reinstalled and it still only shows 3 friends.

orz811017

The same issue occurred in my Win10, Win7 and macOS operating system, The version of app installed in Win10 is 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78, same as macOS

swolf19
I unfollowed all of my friends and refollowed and it fixed it.

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey everyone!

@swolf19, I'm glad to hear that unfollowing/following your friends fixed this issue. Can everyone else try this as well?

Also, keep in mind that the Tech team is currently investigating the issue where the "Publish my activity on Spotify" button resets to off. If this is happening to your friends, they won't show on the feed.

Keep us posted.

MusicLover30

I have the same issue, current work around is unfollowing the person and refollowing them, however this must be done everytime the desktop app opens.

Current Version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

Unistalled it, and reinstalled it through the windows store for windows 10

current version: 1.0.75.485.g1f74de2c (Windows Store version)

Seemed like the issue still presisted through both versions.

After closing the application, I should note that people who you follow through the app, rather than Facebook, disappeared off the list. Current work around is of course, unfollowing and re-following them. But that will only last as long as the app is open on the desktop.

londawg05
So I went and found one of my friends that doesn’t have their Spotify synced to their Facebook, unfollowed them, then followed them again, and now they pop up on my friend activity. I’m guessing this is what to do for now. Hopefully this helps out!
marginalworld

The unfollow/follow technique works for me, but if I close the desktop app and reopen, they all disappear again.

Might be unrelated but when I look at my own profile on the app, and look at 'Recently Played Artists', it hasn't updated for a few days (about the same timeframe as the friend feed issue, so 5 or 6 days now).

Also, some of the people who disappeared are my closest friends and family who I interact with most on FB etc.  I asked them if their apps had auto-selected to 'private listening' and they hadn't.

Thanks!

basbrewers

Having the same problem here!

basbrewers

The unfollow - follow trick initially worked for me, but when I reopened Spotify my friends were gone again - similar to what marginalworld reported.

Please fix this Spotify, it is annoying. Thanks!