Friend Feed not updating for users on desktop

Hey everyone!

We've seen some reports that the Friend Feed is not working properly for you.

If you're experiencing the following, please click the +VOTE button:

• Seeing friends show in the Friend Feed even if you're not following them
  • Unfollowing/ following friends again refreshes the Friend Feed however, when restarting the app the changes aren't reflected

Note: If the Friend Feed isn't appearing at all, you can head here to leave your +VOTE instead.

Also, make sure to try the following steps first:

• Log out and back in your account to shake things up
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the desktop app
  • Try a different network connection to see if the issue persists

If that doesn't help, it'd be helpful to leave a comment with the following so we can pass this info to our tech folks:

• Device
  • OS and version of your device
  • Spotify version (please specify)
  • How long has the Friend Feed not updated?

Thanks!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your reports regarding the Friend Feed not updating for a period of time. 

As we mentioned previously, we've done some changes backstage and this should be now fixed.

If you're having troubles, make sure to update to the newest version of Spotify. We recommend doing a quick reinstallation using these instructions. Try loggling the Friend Feed off and back on as well. 

If that doesn't do the trick for you, or you're having other issues with the Friend Feed (for example, an error message that it failed to load), we'd still like to know. In that case, we'd suggest heading over to the right Help Board and starting a new thread with all the necessary information. Thanks!

Comments
LonghornLumboo
Casual Listener

This worked for me, but it's only temporary. It comes back when you re-open the Desktop app again.

yase0134
Visitor

Im really getting sick of it - like in 3 weeks it hasnt been updating at all. Slowly im watching my friends names disapearring on the sidebar. Spotify, this but be solved???!!!

perchZ

Yep, same here. Officially have no activity on all friends that I know have been listening. It's been like this for about 4 days now. 

_lw3bg-z9dafh

not working. please fix the app! i have a ton of friends I am following and it doesn't show anyone listening to music. I follow the person who sits next to me at work and he is jamming on spotify and it doesn't show he is listening to anything. FIX IT.

cmp2018
Casual Listener

I can't even see the friend feed and I'm using a imac. 

cosmowolfyt
Regular

some of my friends are working but some of them aren't which is even more weird - if some of them have fixed themselves why haven't the others

cosmowolfyt
Regular

This issue is still happening, it needs to be fixed! It's been a few weeks and no real response has been provided by spotify as far as I know

KateArms
Visitor

Now it sporadically chooses a friend to show activity on and then it suddenly stops, even though I know they are still listening. So weird.

1la9m_dj-bh64

someone help or Spotify fix it. mines still not working, I've uninstalled it, downloaded it again, Unfollowed friends and followed them again, restarted laptop. ahhhhh

KateArms
Visitor

Yep, still not working for me or for any of my coworkers. C'mon Spotify!!!!