Friends missing from friends feed

Hello,

Certain friends that I follow have disappeared from my friends feed. Last time I checked the feed was showing those friends' activity. My friends played music after that as well but their activity from my feed has completely disappeared. Please help.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Rising Star 16 ListenToGlobal
Rising Star 16

Hey @parth711.

There are multiple reasons that might explain this.

Your friends might have deactivated the option to share their listening activity with anyone. Or they are listening to music in a Private Session.

Also, not every user you're following is shown in your Friend Activity feed. I'm not sure what the maximum is but I have 50 users in my feed right now.

You can also go into your Settings and deactivate and activate the "Show Friend Activity" feed again. Sometimes it just stops working which easily gets fixed by doing that.

Let me know if any of that helps. :)

Felix

122Marcus

Same issue since yesterday. Nothing fixes it

feesh

Same issue also since this morning. All past information to fix has not worked.

Jones337

Same issue. Nothing fixes it. Facebook friends disappeared yesterday; today other users disappeared.

Astronomerc

I'm having the same issue since yesterday.  I've tried:
1. Logging out and back in

2. Logging out, restarting, logging back in

3. Turn friends feed off and back on (also with logging out and back in)

4. Unfollowing and re-following (also with logging out and back in)

5. Uninstall and reinstall a clean version

Windows 7, version 1.1.9.383

Desktop

julbasso

I am having the same issue - only friends who are not connected to facebook are showing activity. I have been having this issue since Wednesday (YESTERDAY).

I have tried all of the same fixes and nothing works. I know for a fact my other friends are listening to music. Spotify can you please look into this?!

Rising Star 16 ListenToGlobal
Rising Star 16

Hey everyone.

I've asked a Spotify Moderator to take a look at this, they'll get back to you soon.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

RAD717

im also having the same issue - i follow like 5 friends and my wifes feed and only one friend is on. i aksed if they have been on and they have been and their settings are open. 

hopefully, this gets fixed. 

-Rob

RAD717

mine happened last night wednesday as well and all day today 

Status changed to: Need more info

Thanks for getting in touch

We've been receiving reports from users that friends are missing from the Friends feed.

Try a quick reinstallation if you are experiencing this. Here's how. If that doesn't help, please click +vote and leave a comment with the following:

1. device + OS version
  2. Spotify version

We'll keep you up-to-date in this Ongoing Issue.

Thanks and have a nice day!