Announcements

[Galaxy watch app] Spotify app on Galaxy Active 2 watch stopped working after latest Tizen update

Plan

Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

(iPhone Xr

Operating System

(iOS 14,Tizen 5.5.0.1

My Question or Issue

After I updated my samsung watch active 2 to tizen 5.5.0.1 it can't open spotify when I tap on spotify app it will show spotify and keep loading I've tried reset my watch reinstall my app and it still didn't work

Hello everyone!

Thanks for bearing with us while we keep looking into this issue.

We wanted to give you a quick update and assure you that we continue to monitor this thread and all the info here is passed on to our developers.

A special thanks goes to @mahmoudnashat and @haadee-nl who have shared a workaround that has helped many of you to get the app running on your watches again! You can check it out here with additional steps for Mac users here.

As for some other issues that were mentioned in connection with the Galaxy watch, we suggest you head over to this thread where we’re currently gathering the relevant details, so this can be investigated.

If you're experiencing a different issue, we recommend you start a new topic in our help boards and we’ll do our best to help you there.

Comments
Visitor

2021 and the same problem continues, no access to Spotify on Galaxy Watch Active2 by iOS.

No Spotify position ?? How do you offer a service and not offer support?

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hello everyone!

Thanks for bearing with us while we keep looking into this issue.

We wanted to give you a quick update and assure you that we continue to monitor this thread and all the info here is passed on to our developers.

A special thanks goes to @mahmoudnashat and @haadee-nl who have shared a workaround that has helped many of you to get the app running on your watches again! You can check it out here with additional steps for Mac users here.

As for some other issues that were mentioned in connection with the Galaxy watch, we suggest you head over to this thread where we’re currently gathering the relevant details, so this can be investigated.

If you're experiencing a different issue, we recommend you start a new topic in our help boards and we’ll do our best to help you there.

Visitor

Thanks Xenia for summing up the thread and remind the links of the workaround. About the main issue it's about in this thread, (=not having spotify running on Galaxy Watch for iPhone user), if I'm not wrong Spotify just have now to "distribute" the version we obtain via the workaround. Do you plan to simply do this?

Thanks