Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Garmin Zumo connection issue

Plan

Family

Device

OnePlus 3T

Garmin Zumo 595

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Garmin Zumo 595 connection to Spotify on my OnePlus 3T was working well with Spotify 8.4.77.779.

Since last Spotify update, connection always fails.

I reinstalled old Spotify 8.4.77.779 and it works with this version.

But not with last Spotify version.

Does anybody has the same issue ?

Thanks,

Luc

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this. We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a complete fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date, along with your device software, to ensure you have the latest features and fixes.

Thanks!

Comments
eatonjb

Is there any status on this.. Planning a long trip, I can still use BT to listen to my music , but it would be nice if I had more control.  

Jemi

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for giving us the info. We don't have any info to give out right now, but we can assure you that you'll find any updates regarding the issue here. 

Thanks!

Demook

Same problem.

Device: Samsung S9

Andriod version:9

Spotify version: 8.5.0.735

Zumo 595 version:4.60

Garmin Smart link:2.9.8 b30

turbodj

Hi

Same issue here.

Oneplus 6 (A6003)

Android 9 (Oxygen OS 9.0.4)

Spotify version: 8.5.00.735

Hope to see a solution soon.

Jemi
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this. We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a complete fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date, along with your device software, to ensure you have the latest features and fixes.

Thanks!

Hobbington

Hey Jemi,

Thank you for the update, which is entirely consistent with Spotify's treatment of this issue over the last three months - tremendously underwhelming and worthy of an award for Worst Customer Support Ever.

I am surprised at the recommendation to keep the app up to date - if we do that, we won't be able to use Spotify on our Garmin units - this is precisely why this issue was raised in the first place.

Garmin still advertise Spotify connectivity as a feature on the Zumo 595 - this was one of the deciding factors many of us chose that unit. It is also the sole reason I have a Spotify subscription.
Have you told Garmin you've broken it and aren't really taking fixing it that seriously?
Also, all the while we have to use an older version - because we have no choice due to changes you made, could we have a discount on our subscriptions please?

Thanks!

eatonjb

I agree, I just got this unit a few months ago, and picked this perticular unit because of it's multimedia features, and though I can get around the issue, like using BT only to listen to Spotify, or downgrade my app version though unothrodox means.  It does make the unit crippled.  And since Garmin support is 100% unaware that it even should work, I look onto Spotify to help fix this issue. 

I understand in the Dev world that mistakes happen and things need to be fixed, but 3 months is out of hand.  not to mention it took a lot more time to get even a responce that people are looking into it then is fair. 

Please at least share some dev notes on to why this part is not working or even removed!

gholl
Hi Jemi

Keep your apps up to date? Are you being serious? The whole issue is the the up to date software is broken and I have to hobble my phone to run an older version to make functionality work with my brand new Zumo. This is one of the key differentiating factors for me vs my perfectly fine Garmin Nuvi that I could strap to my bike and navigate with.

I don't intend to update Spotify until I hear the fix is in place. It's a big issue for me as I rely on the connection for my commute and road trips all the time. Hope the resolution is found soon.
Steve591

Any update on this Spotify? Original issue raised in Jan, now nearly May.
I have a OnePlus 6T same issues, but it is not the phone as I have the same problem on a Samsung phone, found a 'doubious' old version and it is working.

If you have partnered with Garmin, surely you let them know what changes you make?

lyseoy

Awesome! Just downgraded my Spotify and got back control from the 595. Will never update Spotify until this issue is fixed lol. Too bad I'll miss out on the new features, but nearly every thing is second priority after the Garmin control.