Plan

Family

Device

OnePlus 3T

Garmin Zumo 595

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Garmin Zumo 595 connection to Spotify on my OnePlus 3T was working well with Spotify 8.4.77.779.

Since last Spotify update, connection always fails.

I reinstalled old Spotify 8.4.77.779 and it works with this version.

But not with last Spotify version.

Does anybody has the same issue ?

Thanks,

Luc

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this. We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a complete fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date, along with your device software, to ensure you have the latest features and fixes.

Thanks!

Comments
Mr_Jones

@KTMRider1 wrote:
There is a workaround. You need to make sure you set the name of your
Garmin device to the generic name listed in the thread and it will work.

But what version of Spotify? Latest one?
pen10

The renaming of the nav to zumo 595 works for me too.  I had to unpair/re-pair, but all good now.  Great to have the fuctionality back 👍 I noticed some people saying that their artwork was not working on the nav Spotify app.  It's never worked for me (it does for my mp3's stored on the SD card)  Has anyone ever had the artwork working on the Spotify app on their nav?

1Hopper
Visitor

The renaming of the nav to zumo 595 works for me too 🙂

Removed the old connection with my phone, then renamed the nav to zumo 595 and re-pair with my phone (Samsung s9+).

Thanks! 👍

trbryant
Casual Listener

Is Spotify going to fix this issue?  It's been going on for a while now.  Please let me know otherwise I need to cancel my accounts.   Thank you!

Hobbington

Having followed this saga from the beginning, I really get the impression Spotify doesn't care.
Garmin Zumo users are a tiny percentage of Spotify users after all.
Advice from Garmin:
"

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. A workaround has been found to allow your zumo 595 to properly connect to Spotify. Please follow the steps below to connect:

1. Power the zumo on
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Bluetooth
  4. Touch Friendly Name
  5. Rename the zumo to zumo 595 (the friendly name is normally zumo, followed by the Unit ID).
  6. Touch Done

You should now be able to connect to Spotify."

I suspect that's the best we can hope for....

Related Issues