Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My filter for liked songs does not appear after reinstalling.

My filter for liked songs does not appear after reinstalling.

My filters for my liked songs do not show up anymore. At first I noticed that when I pressed on genres each filter said that it hide certain songs and did not show any songs. After searching the posts about this problem, I did a quick reinstall which lead to no filters at all. After this I did a complete clean and installation of the app and it did not change. I have a iPhone 14, I have automatic updates and I am on premium duo. Please contact me with any information regarding this. Thank you.
19 Replies

I'm having this problem too I just came here to work out what is going on. I hate AI and all the AI stuff about spotify.. just need to get that out there first..

Regarding filters, I'm currently listening to my liked songs playlist which has over 1500 tunes... currently listening to it on my desktop.. was about to try and drag it over to my phone so i can go upstairs but... the other problem I'm having is that its not letting me use my device to control it the way it used to... when I open the app on my phone it shows me that its playing on my computer but when I click on it to change which device its playing on it just goes away and leaves nothing on the the phone doesnt even show me what is currently playing.. back to the filters... so i decided to open up the app on my phone and apply the filter to my liked tunes again so that i could find where i was in the list and continue listening on my phone.. when I click on one of the filters on my phone the screen just goes black and it gives an error message that says " "Filters are hiding some results" it doesnt show even one tune from the 'filter' i didnt even know what a filter is in this respect till i just came on here trying to work out whats going on.. the help function on the app is pretty **bleep** its a bit naff paying all this money for a subscription each month and not even being able to get help from a proper customer service team instead having to rely on al the other users that are also paying for their subscription..

My computer runs windows 10 (ish)

My phone is an iPhone XS running OS version 17.4.1

@Spotify - perhaps you can shed some light on why spotify is not longer doing what it used to on my phone?!!!!

it just gets worse.. i was just btrying to mess with the liked songs on my phone trying to work out what i need to do to get it to work... I changed how it displasys my songs from recently added to alphabetically.. when i looked up at my computer its now removed the filters from my desktop app as well 😭 and to add insult to injury i rebooted my phone hoping to at least resolve the device linking problem .. I tried again to pull across the currently playing list (filtered) from my desktop to my phone... it didnt play on my phone or display properly.. i screenshotted it.. so next i tried to pull the list back to my desktop at which point it sacked the filtered list i was in the middle of listening too and just went to the beginning of my liked songs list with no filters... GRRR this stuff really pisses me off.. it shouldnt be so hard to listen to my music..

I think sometimes you try to add so many features that you just over-complicate everything.. there should be simpler ways of listening to music than all the overcomplication... bring back the old spotify where i could like individual songs and curate my own lists easily ... stuff all the AI nonsense!

These posts are from a year ago and nothing has been fixed because I just tried to go to my liked songs and then pick a genre and it says “filters are hiding some results” and has zero songs listed. I didn’t have this problem last year when these people had it, but now all the sudden I do.  
Please do not ask me to troubleshoot with the same things everyone else was told to do because I’ve done all of it.   Delete and redownload, cleared cache, tried on other devices, checked settings to make sure no other filters are turned on and everything else that was told for people to try.   Nothing working.   I have Spotify premium and and iPhone 16 pro max that has everything updated.  

IMG_9407.png

I started having this same problem today on IOS. Very annoying. 

I also started having this same issue recently (just noticed it happening today). After performing the suggested clean reinstall, all of my genre options disappeared completely.

I was seeing the "you have filters set which may hide some results" error message every time I tried to filter my liked songs. After following the suggested steps to potentially fix the issue, (clearing cache, logging out, uninstalling, etc.) I no longer have the filters at all.

I am having the same problem and would like to know how to fix it

I have the same issues

I had my genre filters available on the app, but then I had an issue saying that filters are limiting results, so I did a clean reinstall like suggested and now the genre filters on my liked songs playlist are not showing at all.

Hello. I tried doing what you said to do. I reinstalled the app but the filters won’t pop up still for the liked playlist. I have an iPhone 12 iOS 17.4.1. This is literally my favorite feature of Spotify is the filter for liked songs. 

I’m having the same problems and I’ve done the same as you, idk what to do

My filters for my liked songs do not show up anymore. At first I noticed that when I pressed on genres each filter said that it hide certain songs and did not show any songs. After searching the posts about this problem, I did a quick reinstall which lead to no filters at all. After this I did a complete clean and installation of the app and it did not change. I have a iPhone 14, I have automatic updates and I am on premium duo. Please contact me with any information regarding this. Thank you.

I am having the same issue right now, cannot find a fix…

I am also having this problem. Did some trouble shooting, logged out, logged back in, turned off the phone, rebooted the app multiple times. I have an up to date iPhone 11. It was working perfectly fine, and then yesterday it started saying that I had filters on keeping me from viewing my songs.

If someone could help me with this that would be great , I noticed that when I open my liked playlist and select a genre like rock it won’t show any songs I added, instead it’ll say “filters are hiding some results” is there anyway to fix it to where it’ll show the songs in that genre?

still is happening to me

I’m having the same problems and it’s now April 24,2024 what should I do please help me cause I pay for this app and I have all my songs on here 

Just wanted to inquire about this as well. It’s been happening to me and as this was a year ago I was just curious if maybe maintenance is causing this error again? Please help I need my mood genres back hahah 

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone that's participated in this thread and for sharing your details!

The tech teams have shared with us that this issue should be fixed and if you haven't already, make sure to update Spotify to the newest available version.

Should you need help with anything else, the Community's here for you 🙂

Cheers.

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts