Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Genre Filters in Liked Songs showing an error

Hey there folks,

We've seen reports about the Genre Filters in Liked Songs (available only in certain markets) showing a message that "Filters are hiding some results" without actually filtering songs. 

In addition, some of the users reported that genre filters are completely gone. 
This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Note that you may also need to log out from the app (Settings > Log out) and sign back in to your account in order for the changes to take effect, so be sure to try it, if you haven't already.

In case you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
rachel151

to say I'm heartbroken right now would be an understatement. out of nowhere the genre tags above in Liked Songs stopped working for me. anytime I went to use it, it would say "filter preference restrictions" despite never changing any filters/options.

so I closed it and reopened. Still gone. restarted my phone. Still gone. deleted and redownloaded Spotify. Still gone! 

I'm so mad, it was so so so handy having those tags to filter my Songs and no I don't want to listen to my music via "mixes' it's not the same - please don't tell me Spotify has removed this feature 😭

If anyone can please help me on this it would mean a lot! 

thank you, 

Rachel.

brandonn0898

Same..I hope this gets fixed soon…

Grimalkinn
The genre filters on the ‘liked songs’ playlist are completely gone. I was just using them earlier today.

First, I clicked onto one of the filters, but all that was being displayed was the message “Filters are hiding some results”, under every filter. My friend was having this same issue. I logged in and back out, but nothing changed. Then, I deleted the app. When I redownloaded it, the filters were gone altogether. I searched this site for a way to fix this; others having the same issue were instructed to do a “clean reinstall” of the app. I followed the steps, but when I reinstalled the app, the genre filters were still gone. I am on iOS 16.0.
silverfountain13

This began happening to me today. I have had genre in my liked playlists for a while. And suddenly today when I attempted to use a genre tab, no songs showed up. I followed the advice on this thread and other issues with the playlist started. Deleted and reinstalled the app and the genres disappeared altogether. Uggh! I wish I had made playlists of the liked songs from each genre before this happened. So annoying now I will have to do that manually. Seriously doubting my subscription now. Why would the feature suddenly be taken away when I have had it for a long time?

Deleted app logged out cleared everything still no filters
Rabbicats101
When listening on Bluetooth headphones or speakers, if I try and apply one of the genre filters to my liked songs list it won't let me click on any of the songs. If I remove the filter and just choose one of the songs it works fine.
Billrrr

Just set up brand new phone today (s20) and genre feature is non existent. Tried logging off and on and still no go.

210v3qo4hijf4sfy52mx

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My Genre/Mood filter is gone and I don’t know why. I’ve tried everything 😩

Emilyxromero1998

I tried all the solutions since my genre section disappear. I got on Spotify customer service and confirm it’s not part the latest update which is unfortunate since that was the best thing about Spotify. It has definitely ruin my music experience, hopefully they bring it back. 

DDS15

Having the same problem today too. Originally the genre tabs did show up but wouldn’t show any songs. I did the steps to fix it but afterwards I didn’t have any genre tabs at all. I did the other steps to fix that problem but it wouldn’t work. I logged out, cleared cache, deleted app, and restarted iphone, and it still wouldn’t work. Not sure where to go from here