Get shuffle to work, within a Playlist at least.

Seems a tad ridiculous that Shuffle doesn't actually work.  That or Alice in Chains has a really good deal set up with Spotify in that it plays at least every other song.

I've tried resorting by Title, Album and Date.  STILL plays AiC every other friggin' song.  I used to love AiC...now I'm getting sick of them.  Sad...

It shouldn't matter how I sort my Playlist, when I hit Shuffle it should play fairly randomly.  It'd be nice if it wouldn't play the same song until it makes it through the entire playlist.

This just seems like a complete no brainer.  I'm not asking for a Shuffle with all my Playlists, just a functioning Shuffle IN a single Playlist.

Thanks.

Hey guys, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thank you for all the info and comments on this, we're always working to make Spotify better overall.

We’ve recently made some improvements to our shuffle algorithm. We’d love to hear all your feedback there. Our developers will take note and post any info there.

Hope you have a good day 🙂

Comments
amnotascientist

Dude. Imma about three seconds away from dumping this stupid service. No shuffle = a waste of my time

adtmatt

If Google or Amazon improve their service a little bit more, I'll be jumping ship as well.  Google is very intriguing as it is.  Spotify is great for finding new music, so if Google improves that area, there won't be much holding me to Spotify.

Seems like a simple fix that could save them a lot of lost subscriptions.  Maybe I'm wrong and the relatively small size of Spotify is what makes them hesitant to do much as they are rolling in it as is?

amnotascientist
Thats what I think. Its a tech company. Its probably run by a bunch of 28
year olds. To them, money means status quo. As long as its rolling in, it
doesn't matter what the customers are griping about.

I am shocked that such a simple function, that has been widely available
since the era of the CD, is not functioning in Spotify.

Bye Spotify.
badgaz

Shuffle hasn't worked properly since forever. It's pretty frustrating.

Aichel
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey guys, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thank you for all the info and comments on this, we're always working to make Spotify better overall.

We’ve recently made some improvements to our shuffle algorithm. We’d love to hear all your feedback there. Our developers will take note and post any info there.

Hope you have a good day 🙂