Getting "Can't play the current song" extremely often

Hello,

I don't know what's happening with the service, but the last days I've been receiving "Can't play the current song" alerts a lot of time. This doesn't happen from rare tracks, as sometimes every song fails to play and isn't about network issues, because I have a tested it and it's a 25mb connection. When this happens I see the song "progress bar" working normally but no sound, and the blue warning "Can't play the current song" shows up.

I'm a premium subscriber and I feel I'm wasting my money not being able to play music when I need to, as it doesn't happens 1 or 2 times, it's very often.

Username: cliffdover88

wontplay.png

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 

0 Likes
Comments
cliffdover
Casual Listener

Seems like restarting Spotify will fix the issue until it happens again. Very annoying.

My sound drivers (Realtek) are updated to the last version.

FabianS_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @cliffdover!

No worries, help's here. Let us know what device, operating system and Spotify version you're using. Does restarting the app help at all? Also, let us know if this happens when switching the audio output, e.g. from headphones to speakers. Finally you could try removing all your local files to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers!

JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 

Related Issues