Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Alarm Clock app stopped working with Spotify

Hey there folks, 

We've received multiple reports of the Google Alarm Clock not working with Spotify after the latest update. The default alarm plays instead - with the message "You are not logged into Spotify".

This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
DPorcaro

I'm having the same issue for 4 or 5 days now.

Device: Galaxy S21 FE 5G

Model Name: SM-G990E/DS

One UI Version 5.0

Android Version 13

Spotify Version 8.8.8.548

Clock Version 7.4 (504317960)

johnnyshaka

Same issue

Pixel 5

Android 13

Spotify version: 8.8.8.548

Clock version: 7.4 (504317960)

dinomight

Thanks everyone for adding the information I requested. To follow up on this further, could you first please try logging out then logging back in to your accounts twice in a row to see if that makes a difference? If that does not resolve the issue, please try running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the problem still continues, could you please send a screenshot of the error message you receive, ie, what you're seeing in the Google Clock app when Spotify doesn't play?

Finally, could you also please let us know if this issue began occurring after a specific event, such as an update?

Thanks for your patience with this, and the results of the above tests and additional information requested will be really helpful in trying to narrow down the problem.

AdamWegge

I tried a clean reinstall already, didn't work for me. So any other suggestions?

Sefodopo

Can confirm that after relogging into Spotify twice in a row, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, the issue still happens on my Pixel 7. Steps to reproduce:

Open the Spotify App (make sure you're logged in).
Open the clock app and set an alarm using Spotify.
Close the Spotify App and go to the homescreen.
Turn off the screen and wait for the alarm.

These steps work 75% of the time to recreate the issue.

Here is a video of me recreating the issue: https://youtu.be/Qy6q9r7G3EQ

Screenshot_20230213-102809.png
Screenshot_20230213-103115.png
JoeKM

Same issue with my Google 6a.  Spotify 8.8.8.548  Android 13

perrini1

Also have this issue on a Xperia 1 IV.

It seems as if the clock app could not open spotify anymore, and if it happens to be closed when the alarm is scheduled, the alarm will fail and revert to the default sound.

an_NPC

Had this same issue on a Huawei/Honor View 20 running Magic 4/Android 10. It was running flawlessly prior to February 2023 as far as I could remember.

Spotify version 8.8.8.548

Google Clock version 7.4 (504317960)

Clean reinstalls and multiple phone restarts did not work for me; even though I repeatedly relogged and reselected the playlist I wanted, the alarm screen consistently failed to play the playlist I selected.

Out of both morbid curiosity and sheer annoyance at being woken up by the default alarm tone again today, I rolled back my Spotfy app via third party APK manager to 8.8.6.472 (a version fron 3rd Feb, 2023) while leaving Google Clock app untouched and restarted my phone. This did not initially work, but after relogging and reselecting the playlist again, surprisingly this seemed to consistently work for alarms set minutes after one another. Restarting the phone after that brought back the problem, requiring me to repeat the login and playlist selection step again. I have not left the alarm overnight to double-check that this awful kludge of a solution works consistently. I will try to report in tomorrow with an update.

Update: It did not work, so I reverted everything back to current release and wait for an official solution.

chelle_81

This is also happening to me. 

Redmi note 9 miui 13.0.2

Spotify 8.8.8.5.4.8 

sjfsjf

Same issue on Pixel 6, android 12.

The alarm is getting logged out of Spotify after some period of time.

Spotify please fix this, you have no idea how awful it is be woken by the horrendous default alarm sound.