Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Alarm Clock app stopped working with Spotify

Hey there folks, 

We've received multiple reports of the Google Alarm Clock not working with Spotify after the latest update. The default alarm plays instead - with the message "You are not logged into Spotify".

This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
NikkBann

I'm also facing the same issue..

Model: OnePlus 9RT

Android 13

Spotify version: 8.8.8.548

Clock version: 7.4

Neoqlassical

My husband has woken up late for work the past few days because the default Pixel alarm doesn’t work for him.
Please Spotify, figure this out soon! 🥺 

TheMyth95

This is also an issue on the Nothing Phone (1).

Android version: 12

Spotify version: 8.8.8.548

Google clock version: 7.4 (504317960)

Spotify playlists can no longer be used with an alarm on the Android Pixel phone because Spotify erroneously claims that the user is not logged in. Multiple users have had this experience; see comments at:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/10yv016/my_alarm_on_my_google_pixel_6_stopped_playing/
MxArcher

Same here

prupp

Same here on Pixel 5, Android 13 and spotify 8.8.8.548

The Google clock app used to allow you to play from a Spotify playlist or track as an alarm. As of approximately a week ago that has stopped working. Allowing all permissions for music and sound, restarting, clean reinstalls, and other solutions have not worked.
Yalamedd

Same issue as everyone else. Spotify keeps telling me to log in and then it doesn't stick

Pixel 6Pro

Android 13 

Spotify 

Clock

version 7.4 (504317960)

DennisKehrig

Same issue on a Samsung S10+ with Android 12, Spotify 8.8.8.548 and Google Clock 7.4.

The issue is easy to reproduce by killing the Spotify app before the alarm goes off and doesn't seem to occur when the app is still running while the alarm goes off. Maybe a workaround is preventing Android from terminating the app to reduce power consumption.

Lyubka
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• your device's make, model + OS version;
  • the exact Spotify version you're currently running;
  • your country;
  • screenshot of the error.

Thanks!  We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.