Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Alarm Clock app stopped working with Spotify

Hey there folks, 

We've received multiple reports of the Google Alarm Clock not working with Spotify after the latest update. The default alarm plays instead - with the message "You are not logged into Spotify".

This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
I tried it with the new Spotify app once and it worked even after force
stopping Spotify and clock.
RonMoses

Shuffling works. In Alarm, hit your Spotify playlist, hit the three dots and Open In Spotify. Hit the Shuffle button and close Spotify. That should do it. 

MissedAlarm-LostJob

It seems that the latest version (8.8.14.575) has resolved the problem. It's interesting to note that there was a interim version that was release (8.8.14.553) but only in certain countries. While some people were seeing a resolution of the issue, the rest of us were stuck with the old version with the issue (8.8.14.545).

Personally, I did not have an issue with the shuffle this morning which some people have mentioned.

Urooj1

Same here. 

Google Pixel 4a 5g

Spotify: 8.8.14.575

Clock: 7.4 (504317960) 

Dremother

After almost two weeks of the older version 8-8-2-434 working, this morning the dreaded beep came again.

Updated to the newest version today 8.8.14.575, hoping its fixed, but the comments around here aint soothing. 

Dear Spotify, please consider making an spotify built in alarm clock - waking up to sweet tunes, shuffled and new each morning is such a blessing, it would keep people heavily invested in your app and make for more hours listened, guaranteed. Please add it in. Everytime this alarmfunction shits the bed countless people start the day on the wrong foot, you can change that! 😉

Pixelburner

Spotify was finally updated on my phone a couple days ago to v8.8.14.575

I went ahead and logged out of Spotify, then back in. Then set an alarm for 7:00AM to test the next morning.

It's been working for me every morning so far 🤞.

Phone: Pixel 3XL

Android version: 12

Spotify version: 8.8.8.548 -> 8.8.14.575

kaworu_bloodpaw

Hey, mods, I don't know who moved my post, but it was about the Windows clock application. It technically does not belong in this thread.

MattSuda

Hey @kaworu_bloodpaw 

Sorry about that. Looks like that was a mistake.

I've moved that thread back to the Windows Desktop board.

Eni
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!