Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Assistant Play Soundtrack in Wrong Language

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I use Google Assistant frequently to play music on Spotify. There are a bunch of very popular soundtracks that try to listen to but it ends up playing a version from another country. It's consistent in the version it chooses but seems to pick different countries. For example when I ask it to play the Frozen 2 soundtrack, it always plays the Netherlands version. When I ask it to play the Coco soundtrack, it always plays the Portuguese version. 

I think this is a Google Assistant problem, not a Spotify one but am not sure. Any ideas?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We just want to update you that this is still being investigated.

Take care!

CarlosE
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Robbo666

Having the same issue, hard to believe this is still unresolved after nearly two years 🤷‍♂️

mww25

I also have this issue when using android auto. Have listened to Moana soundtrack many times, but now always plays in a different language, as do some other albums

donnierenner

Same problems here as mentioned by all others. I ask any Google assistant in the house to play Frozen and while it used to play the right one, it only plays the Spanish version now. Unbelievable this is taking this long to correct. 

NeilE

Still happening all the time 2+ years later.

Dadsgotmoves720

Also experiencing this. Incredibly frustrating, makes using Google assistant unworkable and have to Google cast from the Spotify app on my phone. I have "recognize my voice" drop for personalized recommendations but that doesn't help. I have a family member account setup on Google assistant and my account on phone so getting from my phone is more painful than it sounds. Have tried "Play XXXX in English" and it doesn't work either. I run into it with Disney movie soundtracks For the kids like frozen II. 

NeilE

My recommendation is don't use Spotify or Google home products. They don't care about fixing basic and critical functionality despite having years of complaints from around the world.

timwnitram

3 years later and this issue is still not fixed.  Are you sure you have the “right” people looking into this?

Anders02

Same problem here and just started in the last while. Certain requests end up with Spanish versions of songs while others still in English.