Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Lenovo P2

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I recently installed Google Clock and tried to connect it with Spotify. I struggled with it a lot, but finally after multiple times of receiving a message "Couldn't connect to Spotify. Try again later" I got it working by splitting screen between Spotify and Google Clock. However, even though both apps seemed to be working correctly afterwards, the following morning instead of hearing my chosen song, I heard beeping. I was using cellular data at that time. The next day the same story, but this time I was connected to WiFi. It seems that the bug takes place after some longer period of inactivity of the phone. When I was testing the feature scheduling alarms for e.g. the next minute, everything worked perfectly.

Hey there folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. 

This issue should be fixed.

If you're still having troubles after reinstalling the apps on your device, let us know. 

In that case, we'd recommend leaving a comment with the relevant info (for example, your device and its OS version, the exact versions of the apps) so we can take another look.

Thanks!

Comments
thibc4

Hi everyone, 

After updating to version 8.4.92.949 on my Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 device, it now works! 

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. 

This issue should be fixed.

If you're still having troubles after reinstalling the apps on your device, let us know. 

In that case, we'd recommend leaving a comment with the relevant info (for example, your device and its OS version, the exact versions of the apps) so we can take another look.

Thanks!

Martin366
Hi

I reinstalled it and it is not fixed unfortunately for me (Huawei P20 pro
with Android version 9.0.0.203)

What should I do?

Regards

Hey there @Martin366,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, could you let us know the exact version of the Spotify app on your Android device?

On another note, we'd recommend making sure that Spotify isn't set on Offline mode when this occurs. Keep in mind that you need to be connected to Wifi or data for the track to play :)

It'd be also helpful if you could give it a try over a different network connection. If it works with no issues over a different internet connection (for example over another WiFi network, or over 3G/4G), we'd suggest contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Hilveuh

Hi Mod,

tried turning off the battery optimization for the 2 Klok apps and Spotify app liked suggested, but it's still not working for me

Here's my information:

- Samsung s8 SM-G950F

- android 8.0.0

- Klok app v6.1.0

- Klok app v7.0.92.4

- Spotify v8.5.1.734

- tried it with both Wi-Fi and 4G

Hope you can provide me with an answer/fix soon.

Thanks a lot

timdart88

I connected Clock and Spotify 4 days ago and put songs on 5x daily alarms. They worked the first two days and have failed two work the last two days (beeping instead). I have tried killing/restarting both apps and have also disabled battery optimisation for both. This occurs on a strong wifi connection as well as 4G.

Spotify: v8.5.11.762

Clock: v6.1.1 (238466778)

Device: Google Pixel 2

Note that the preview function when searching for songs on Spotify within the Clock app is also failing (eq animation runs in the icon as if it is playing but no audio is played)

tehdoughboy

It just recently started failing on me. It works when I open Clock immediately after opening Spotify, but otherwise doesn't. It doesn't even play anything when I preview the tracks in the Clock app.

Device: Google Pixel 3a XL

Clock: v6.1.1 (238466778)

Spotify: v8.5.11.762

I have reinstalled Spotify and it still hasn't worked. Now I have to download all my songs again.

16101sh

Google Pixel 3 

Android 9 (Pie)

Spotify 8.5.11.762

google clock with spotify dont work for me also

reinstalled both apps, disabled battery optimizations

when i try tho choose the app in the clock app i get no sound (but the Animation for a playing song)

there is just Vibration in the real alarm!

found out that when i open Spotify and listen to Songs and then dont Close Spotify

it works somehow

can we fix this together please?

kashmir33

I have recently experienced the same issue.

I noticed the beeping only starts when the spotify app is not used before the alarm. Basically, if the spotify player notification is showing for me then the alarm works as intended. This suggests that the alarm clock has a problem opening/starting the spotify app.

Spotify Version: 8.5.11.762

Android Version: 9

OnePlus 6 - OxygenOS 9.0.4

Clock Version: 6.1.1

Recalmaster

This also started for me a couple days ago, uninstalled and thought that had done the trick but no dice, it didn't work. 

Pixel 3a

Android version 9

Clock version 6.1.1

Spotify 8.5.11.762