Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Lenovo P2

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I recently installed Google Clock and tried to connect it with Spotify. I struggled with it a lot, but finally after multiple times of receiving a message "Couldn't connect to Spotify. Try again later" I got it working by splitting screen between Spotify and Google Clock. However, even though both apps seemed to be working correctly afterwards, the following morning instead of hearing my chosen song, I heard beeping. I was using cellular data at that time. The next day the same story, but this time I was connected to WiFi. It seems that the bug takes place after some longer period of inactivity of the phone. When I was testing the feature scheduling alarms for e.g. the next minute, everything worked perfectly.

Hey there folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. 

This issue should be fixed.

If you're still having troubles after reinstalling the apps on your device, let us know. 

In that case, we'd recommend leaving a comment with the relevant info (for example, your device and its OS version, the exact versions of the apps) so we can take another look.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
RedMisaki

Happens to me too, I didn't realize it was the alarm when I hear the beeping sound. I thought it's weird already when there's no sound coming out on the preview page eventhough the sound animation is playing.

Mi A2 lite

Android version 9

Clock version 6.1.1

Spotify version 8.5.11.762

theROlloR

Have the same problem. No sound on preview page and no sound when the alarm should go off. Opening and playing a titel makes the preview work sometimes.

Pixel 3a

Android Version: 9

Google Clock Version: 6.1.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.11.762

Amyschellenberg

I have had this issue for weeks and cannot find any fix on-line

Hey there @Amyschellenberg@theROlloR@RedMisaki@timdart88@tehdoughboy@16101sh@kashmir33 and @Recalmaster,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

There's a newer Ongoing Issue regarding this. We'd recommend heading over to this thread instead and making sure to add your +VOTE and info there so we can pass them on the right folks.

Further, we'll make sure to keep you up to speed in that thread so we'd suggest keeping an eye out there for any updates.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day :)

Mwilkosz

Phone is a Google Pixel 3

Version of Spotify is 8.5.11.762

Spotify offline is not enabled

I don't know how to authenticate my account with the clock app but this used to work fine when I got my phone and all of a sudden it just stopped working, I only hear beeping instead of my playlist

@Jack 

Hey there @Mwilkosz,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

This sounds like this Ongoing Issue that our tech teams are currently investigating. In this case, we'd recommend heading over to that thread and adding your +VOTE and details there so we can pass them on to the right teams.

We'd also suggest keeping an eye out on that thread for any updates we have to pass on regarding this.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else we can help with. Have a lovely day :)

sam0per

The same problem seems to be back.

moto g(6) Android version 9

Spotify version 8.5.12.758

Offline mode is disabledScreenshot_20190708-211750.png