Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Clock won't play any playlist from Spotify; Error: (message: failed to switch to local device

Plan

Premium

Country

United Sates

Device

Motorola Droid Turbo 2

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

The issue started this morning. Spotify was in sync with Google Clock (used as my alarm clock every morning). This morning, the alarm clock gave me a beeping tone with a error on the bottom saying "{"message": "failed to switch to local device"}" even though it says both apps are connected and in sync

So far, I've cleared data and re-installed the app both apps, and did a hard restart on my device and the issue is still ongoing. App version 8.5.11.762

EDIT: Google Clock app version: 6.1.1, Here is my most recent test and the error that is still ongoing today.  I tried Pandora with Google Clock, since it's capable of syncing to these two apps along with Youtube Music app (which I don't have).  The alarm works fine with Pandora. 

Looking for help on other ways to fix this issue.

Many Thanks

SpotifyError.jpg

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your replies! This should be fixed now.

If you're having troubles after updating to the latest version available, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the Spotify app with these steps.

If none of these help, we'd still like to know. In that case, we'd suggest starting a new thread in the related Help Board and we'll be happy to lend a hand. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
sethmerrick

Installing Beta on Pixel 3, Premium, seems to have resolved this issue for me. 

Chimaira

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (VZW)

Spotify Version: 8.5.12.758

Google Clock Version: 6.1.1 (238466778)

Connection: Happens over both Wifi and Mobile Data

Occurs whether spotify is closed or open and running in background. When selecting song in spotify through google clock, it shows it is playing but no sound here either.

olabil

@sethmerrick wrote:

Installing Beta on Pixel 3, Premium, seems to have resolved this issue for me. 

Hi @sethmerrick: Is that Beta of Spotify? 

eowyn

My device is a Moto X4 running Android 9, build number PPWS29.**bleep**-39-2-1.

My Spotify version is 8.5.12.758. My clock version is 6.1.1. I've only tried to replicate this issue on WiFi. It does not connect on WiFi.

yeungma

Same problem

Xiaomi A1 (Android 9 patch level 1 Jun 2019)

Clock ver: 6.1.1

Spotify very: 8.5.12.758

yeungma

Same problem

Xiaomi A1 (Android 9 patch level 1 Jun 2019)

Clock ver: 6.1.1

Spotify ver: 8.5.12.758

HooverDA

I recieved spotify update today via playstore, version is 8.5.13.637 , we'll see if that works now.

yeungma

Just updated Spotify 8.5.13.637 . And now it works again.

diverti

I have the same problem, also there is no sound at all at the ringtone selection when i select a Spotify playlist.

Device: Huawei Mate 20 lite SNE-LX1

Android: 9.0

Build: 9.0.1.164, Emui 9.0.1

Google Clock Ver: 6.1.1 (238466778) 

Spotify Premium, Ver: 8.5.12.758

I tested out, and the clock won't open the spotify. I hope it will be fixed soon. I also reported this bug to the Google. 

A_lowfat_Puddin

Still having issues clean reinstall doesn't work