Google Home Playing wrong Song with Premium Spotify Account

I have my Spotify Premium account linked to my Google Home and when I tell it to play any song, like "Play I'm Sorry Miss Jackson by Outkast", Google then responds that it will play "I'm Sorry Miss Jackson by Outkast" on my Spotify account, but when it starts playing the song it plays a differnt song, a song that is not by the same music artist or the right song. It plays a random song by someone I never heard. At one point I asked it to play the song "Circle of Life by Elton John", Google replied back that it will play "Circle of Life by Elton John" but it starts playing a foreign language song that sounded like RAP. Please help with advice on solving this issue.

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while so we'll be closing this thread for now.

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help!

Comments
Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @fcojavipena, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you send us the OS and Spotify version you're using? Also, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

fcojavipena
Casual Listener

The issue is with the Goggle Home mini device. It comes configured to work with Spotify, I only linked the account using the Google Home app on my Android phone. After linking the Spotify account to my Google Home mini device, I am able to tell it via voice the song I want it to play. Then I tell Google Home to play a specific song on Spotify it play a completly diffrent song, but when I tell it to play only the music artist it plays the correct artist. I think the problem is trying to play a specific song using my voice.

SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for the info @fcojavipena.

Try unlinking Spotify and linking it again to see if it helps. You can also try resetting your router to see if it makes a difference.

Lastly, if possible, try using voice commands on a mobile device to see if the issue persists when you're not using Google Home.

Let us know how it goes.

SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while so we'll be closing this thread for now.

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help!