Google Pixel 2 - Spotify premium account, battery drain

Hi, 

I have my Google Pixel 2 for about a month now and have been experiencing terrible battery issues whenever I use Spotify. My battery drains to 70% after 2 hours of using Spotify. I checked the usage and it was 10% but does not constitute to the amount of battery it drains. I even use wired headphones so I know it is not a Bluetooth problem. It definitely is an app issue because I can run the phone with other applications without significant battery drainage. 

Please assist. 

Hey @t_montoya100!

As we haven't heard back from you in a while, we'll be closing these thread.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

Cheers.

Comments
Leonardo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @t_montoya100!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Streaming music could be a battery drainer, since the app is receiving information constantly from the internet. In case you have a Premium subscription, does the same thing happen when playing your offline music?

Does this happen when using your 3/4G network exclusively or also through WiFi? Could you let us know your operating system and the Spotify version you're using? We'd like to gather as much information as we can.

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if it helps. This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache.
t_montoya100

Hi, 

So I use it mainly on WiFi. For maybe an hour out of my entire usage time I will use it on 3G.

I have not yet tried it offline as I do not have any songs downloaded. But my main concern is that the phone is barely a month old. 

I am currently on Android 8.1.0. I reinstalled the app on Wednesday and haven't seen that big of a difference today (Thursday) but will continue to monitor it.

Alfredo

Hey @t_montoya100!

Do you have a different Android device you could test this with? Also, does Spotify have any restrictions on your Battery Saver?

Keep us posted.

t_montoya100

So I've been using Spotify on my HTC M8 for about 2-3 years and it has been runnning normally. The phone was very old and would die quicker but I attributed that to the phone being 4-5 years old. 

I do not understand the restrictions on Battery Saver. 

Alfredo

Thanks for getting back to us!

Could you send us a screenshot of the battery usage stats showing Spotify's total usage?

About the Battery Saver, I meant Battery optimization. Just head to your Android Settings > Battery > Tap the three dots at the top right > Battery optimization, and set it to Not optimized if Spotify is in the list.

Keep us on the loop.

Alfredo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @t_montoya100!

As we haven't heard back from you in a while, we'll be closing these thread.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

Cheers.