Google assistant not playing personalised playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Nest hub, home mini

My Question or Issue

Ever since Spotify wrapped 2021 came out, my nest devices no longer play my personalised playlists via voice commands. I can see the command come up on my next hub (eg hey Google Play my playlist top songs 2017), but it simply ignores it and plays something that sounds similar. People are reporting this issue on the Google community forums too.

Hey there,

Thanks for all the help in resolving this. We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed.

If you still experience this hindrance, make sure you're using the latest version of both the Google and Spotify software and if so, post in the relevant help boards.

Cheers!

Comments
Dian

Hey there,

Thanks for the patience while our team has investigated the reasons for this behavior.

We've received word from the tech team that a fix should have been rolled out. Could you update the playback device firmware and reinstall the Spotify app? Let us know, if this brought any change.

Cheers!

svksvk1952

The first hour of work is all right.

Version 8.8.14.575

Quixilvr
Yes, it looks like I can ask the Google Assistant to play my personalized
playlists on Spotify! I tried to reply back on the forum post but it
doesn't look like I was able to. Thanks for getting this fixed 🙂
portviking

Bummer. Still not working for me. I removed Spotify from my phone, unlinked it from Google Home, relinked it to Google Home, reinstalled Sportify on my phone, and did a factory reset of my Google Nest Hub. Other ideas? Do I need to wait longer for the update to roll out?

Thanks so much for trying to address this issue.

wmt47

My problem is on Google Home Mini Spotify Personal Playlists only partially play (1 or 2 songs), then the Google stops.  I rebooted the mini, did a factory reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the mini.  Problem still exists.  

I did a clean uninstall of Spotify and reinstalled.  Same problem.  My Spotify Ver. is 8.8.16.615

Please help

cruella25708443

If you're having trouble with Google Assistant not playing your personalized playlists, try the following steps:

1. Make sure you have linked your Spotify account to Google Assistant: Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet, tap on your profile icon, and select "Assistant settings". Scroll down to the "Services" section and tap on "Music". If you haven't already linked your Spotify account, tap on "Link" and follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Check your voice commands: Make sure you are using the correct voice command to play your personalized playlists. For example, say "Hey Google, play my [playlist name] playlist on Spotify".

3. Try playing the playlist directly from the Spotify app: Open the Spotify app on your phone or tablet, find your personalized playlist, and try playing it directly from the app. If the playlist doesn't play, there may be an issue with the playlist itself.

4. Restart your device and Google Assistant: Sometimes, a simple restart of your device and Google Assistant can help fix issues with playback.

5. Update your Google Assistant app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Assistant app installed on your device. Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and check for updates.

6. Check your Spotify account settings: In the Spotify app, go to "Settings", then "Social", and make sure that "Show my recently played artists" and "Show my Top Artists" are both enabled.

7. Contact Google Assistant support: If none of these steps work, you may want to contact Google Assistant support for further assistance.

I hope these steps help you to resolve the issue with playing your personalized playlists on Google Assistant. please Vist : howtousespotify com

Dian
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there,

Thanks for all the help in resolving this. We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed.

If you still experience this hindrance, make sure you're using the latest version of both the Google and Spotify software and if so, post in the relevant help boards.

Cheers!