Announcements

Google home to Chrome Cast

Hello. I receive the message this function is not yet supported when I ask my Google home to play Spotify on my TV using my chrome cast device. Will this function be supported soon?

Hey @user-removed.

We don't have any info on this right now, but we'll let our developers know it's something you'd like to see.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

Comments
Alejandro_C
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @user-removed.

We don't have any info on this right now, but we'll let our developers know it's something you'd like to see.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

askeptic

I would also like to see this feature added sooner than later. I signed up for premium because Google Home supported Spotify (premium required). However, not having the ability to cast the music to a stereo system is more of a missing feature than an enhancement. I can from my cell phone and should also be able to from Google Home via voice.

Please, make this happen.

askeptic

Not trying to bring negetivity to the forums, however I did cancel my Spotify subcription due to the lack of this feature. If it ever gets implemented (And I find out), I would entertain returning. But until then, I have 6 months in the bank with another service that does support it without any issues.

This is a pretty large oversite. Seeing that it pops up a custom Spotify block page when we attempt to cast music is a shame. It may as well ask us to take our business elsewhere. 

askeptic

Just FYI, I tried this task again today and it worked, so just wanted to drop a line to the Spotify Devs if they are reading and say THANK YOU! Thank you for listening to us, customers, and allowing this feature. I will be renewing my Premium account for this reason. Thank you.

uniashish

I have chromecast on my TV and when I say play on TV, it plays without any problem.