Graphical Glitches on Desktop Client

Recently I have noticed some strange graphical glitches on the desktop version of Spotify on the Mac. I am running the latest version of the client and I am also on the latest version of MacOS 10.12.4 Sierra.

Normally the graphical glitches aren't this bad. This is pretty unacceptable. I can barely read half of the text on the screen. I also don't understand why these types of glitches only happen in the Spotify app and nowhere else. These need to be fixed ASAP!

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 12.02.48 PM.png

Hey all,

This seems to be a graphical issue affecting some Apple-devices. I'd advise you to contact Apple for support on this one. If there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to create a new thread.:)

Have an awesome day!

Comments
granada

Yep I'm having similar issues: http://imgur.com/R5mMlrb

MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi, @dbrockman5 and @granada!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, can you try the steps here for us? They should help with this.

Let us know how it goes. 

jc713

Been having this issue for months. Tried reinstalling, purging cache, and nothing helped. I have to restart my client each time this occurs.

Spotify version: 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2

Computer: 2015 Macbook Pro 13"

Maria_B
Hey folks

Thanks for reporting.

Can you give us some more info about this issue?

• Can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? 
  • Can you let us know what operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?
  • Is this happening across all your devices or just with the Mac app?

Also, it would be super helpful if you could give it a try from a different account. You can use a friend's account just to test it out.

Keep us in the loop.
jc713

1. After an update a month or so back. Was working fine before a certain point.

2. Spotify version: 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2, OS: MacOS 10.2.4, Computer: 2015 Macbook Pro 13"

3. Just the Mac App

Maria_B

Thanks for the info, @dbrockman5.

Just to check, have you been able to try from a different Spotify account?

We'll be here waiting for your reply.

jc713
Sadly no :(. I am pretty sure this is a graphical issue though. Should be independent of accounts.

Jad Chaar
Maria_B

We understand @jc713.

In this case, we're gathering all the info that's needed to get this reported. If possible, could you try from a different Spotify account? 

We'd like to get to the bottom of this.

jc713

Still occurs with another account 😞

Maria_B

Thanks for trying, @jc713.

We'd like to get to the bottom of this. Could you check if your Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is up to date?

We are looking forward to your reply 🙂

Related Issues