Announcements

Grayed Out Play Button, Shuffles Randomly, Repeats Randomly...

It's all so unreliable. Most of the time I open Spotify and the play button at the bottom left of the screen is grayed out and cannot be pressed to pause/play. The scrubber is also grayed out, so I can't see how far through a song I am, or scrub to a different point of it. It's also pot luck as to whether shuffle and repeat are on or off. Even though they say they aren't on, they often are. And I have to switch them on and then off again to make sure they're off.

Spotify seems to release new updates almost daily (not sure if that's a sign that it isn't updating for me properly and keeps trying to update every time I launch it, or if they really do update the program that often?) After an update the play button usually works, for about 24 hours, then it grays out again until the next update.

Reinstalling does not fix the issue. I use Windows 10 but had this problem on Windows 7 before upgrading too. I've had this issue for the better half of a year now, and it's really frustrating at this point.

Hey Guys

i've marked this as issue "Closed" as their haven't been any new reports of this issue

If Someone is still experiencing this issue, please post here and we can try figuring it out 🙂

Comments
jean3601
Status changed to: Closed

Hello @Darkstorne

I would like to gather some more info on this issue, first can you give me your spotify version? you can do this by opening the spotify app and going to help then about Spotify, it should be their 

I hope to hear back soon from you 🙂

jean3601
Status changed to: Closed

Hey Guys

i've marked this as issue "Closed" as their haven't been any new reports of this issue

If Someone is still experiencing this issue, please post here and we can try figuring it out 🙂