HOW TO BLOCK SONG ???

You used to be able to block a song from playing in the future when you were listening to a station.  What happened to this feature??

It is extremely annoying to have to manually skip songs you hate.

Spotify, I may well cancel my (premium) account over this.  It is so basic to allow users to block music they don't want to hear again.

Annoyed ...

Hey @pauldetarse!

You can only 'like' or 'dislike' songs when listening to Daily Mix or Radio. When disliking or liking songs it will affect the radio or mix you're listening to at that moment. If there's anything else I can help you with, just give me a shout! :)

Have a great day!

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @pauldetarse! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool. Could you send over a screenshot of what you're seeing in the: 'Now Playing' view? Also, what Spotify and OS version are you rocking? Let me know! :)

Have a great day!

pauldetarse
Casual Listener

Thank you for the fast reply!

On my spotify screen, I see the album icons that scroll horizontally.  Underneath I have the playing line with the song title and artist.  On the left end of the line, I have a + button.  Nothing else.  On the right end of the line, I have a "..." button.  (None of the options under the latter allow me to block the future play of a song).

I am using IOS 10.3.1, the latest version, on my Ipad.

Thanks.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @pauldetarse!

Just to confirm, you're playing Daily Mix or Radio on your iPad. Could you take a screenshot of what you're seeing and upload it with the  button? Also, does reinstalling the app help? Let me know! :)

Have a great day!

pauldetarse
Casual Listener

Thank you again for the quick reply.  I am listening to "New Music Now".  I am not able to send you a screen shot.  It keeps saying that the picture is too large.  I have tried using Windows snip feature to do a png file but it won't let me past it to your screen.  I can't send it to you as a pdf or word document either.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @pauldetarse!

You can only 'like' or 'dislike' songs when listening to Daily Mix or Radio. When disliking or liking songs it will affect the radio or mix you're listening to at that moment. If there's anything else I can help you with, just give me a shout! :)

Have a great day!

pauldetarse
Casual Listener

Thanks again.  Daily Mix or Radio compared to what?  Am I listening to a special playlist of some kind?

Thanks again!.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @pauldetarse!

There are playlists and radio stations. Playlists are lists with pre-chosen songs in it. Radio stations are generated and styled by your taste. Here's how to play radio:

Radio_iPhone_tw.png

Let me know if there's anything else.

Keep rocking!

pauldetarse
Casual Listener

Thank you so much for your help!  I appreciate it!!

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @pauldetarse!

No worries! - If you ever have any questions again, I'll be right here! ;)

Keep rocking and have a great day!

robin1301
Casual Listener

Please have a look at https://www.trackskipper.com . I believe it does what you require until Spotify ever integrates these features :)