Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

High Spotify CPU usage (Mac)

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports of an unusually high CPU usage on the part of Spotify.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, it'd be great if you'd provide us with the following info:

• your device + operating system version
  • exact Spotify version
  • a brief description of how you come to experience the issue
  • one or more screenshots

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
elkmann90

I have previously posted, but was asked to also provide my Spotify version. 

1.1.36.734.g8731c306

infinitypgh

It looks like an update was released today.  I downloaded it and my processor spike seems to be resolved.

1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc  is the version that seems to be working.

FlavieCouture

With the new update (1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc) it seems to be resolved for me as well. I'll have to test it more but it works fine for now!

Mario
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Thanks - looks like this is working now. Please can you pass the fix onto the Microsoft Teams dev team? 😉

adl60

Hi, 

only since a couple of weeks I experience problems of very high CPU spikes ,40-98%

temp 95 C, fan 5500 on my

Mac Mini 2010, 2,4GHZ Intel core2 duo 8gb 1067ddr3.High Sierra.

by using the Spotify app.

I use this app for many many years now, without a problem so far.

I did a clean install of Spotify, several times, no result.

I did a clean install of High Sierra, after that again an install of spotify app, no result..

version 1.160.672.g6ad9.215-a

I turned of hardware-accelaration, and only use autoplay,  no local hosts, or other replay stuff. SQ very high

The MacMini is used for audio only, no mail etc.,, so no screenshots and LAN connected.

I can use the desktop, but ...dont like it, so if there is a solution , or bette, fix please let me know

thnx!

adl60

So luckily i have a Time Machine backup, and installed the 1.1.29.592 version of the app, form some where in 2020, and it seems to work now since a couple of hours, but.....????

adl60

Initially i thought it might be the older processor intelcore duo2, because i had no problems with my Macbook Air Intel core i5.Today however installed the most recent update 1.1.61.583, and again very high CPU 120-130%!!!.

No hardware acc., or other items, re-installed but again:same problems...

what is going on???

Am I really the only one...

And so far no reaction from Spotify, would like to get one please...

kewei

NOT FIXED! SPOTIFY NEEDS TO WORK WITH APPLE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. STOP DAMAGING OUR MACS!

Test89

Yeah this is still a problem.

Straight up, plain and simple, Spotify should not appear in the "Using Significant Energy" menu.

Asking your users to reinstall every time is a cop-out.

Straight up, plain and simple, Spotify should not have to be reinstalled to fix CPU-usage issues.

Thanks.