Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home page not loading in Desktop and web player - Couldn't find that page error

Desktop app for W10.

My homepage is empty. Been like this since last update.

spotify_home.png
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

Our tech teams have looked into this, but weren't able to reproduce it. Since this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now as it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the steps below as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
We hope this helps. If you still need a hand, you can start a new topic in the relevant Help board including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome and we'll take it from there.
Comments
PaulNoiseman

Plan

Free

Country

Russia

Device

Windows PC (Intel) / MacBook Pro 2020 (M1)

Operating System

Windows 10 20H2 / MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3)

My Question or Issue

Hi! I can't access my Home page, because Spotify couldn't find it. It's the same problem across both my Mac and Windows Desktop. Other functionality and pages are not affected and work as usual. iOS & Android apps works fine, too.

What I've tried:

Logging in and out, turning cookies off and on again, reinstalling the app (on both devices) and changing the language. That didn't work.

photo_2021-04-12 14.06.40.jpeg

P.S. I just found out that the Home page in Spotify web player doesn't work as well, giving me the same error screen (Couldn't find that page, Search for something else? and the red badge "Oooops, something went wrong" at the bottom)

Plan 

Free

Country

Canada

Device

MacBook Pro

Operating System

MacOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

My account won't load the home page on either desktop or web player. Everything else seems to work fine, but the home page simply does not come up! All I get is the error message I put in the attached screencap. I tried logging into the web player on my mother's old computer and the home page didn't come up there either. 

I also tried clean reinstall and the problem still persists. However, everything else seems to work just fine. What is going on?!

Update: Okay, sometimes it loads, but intermittently. I can't think of anything I do differently on those times, but that red "something went wrong" bar still pops up.

Update 2: Now it seems to be back to persistently not loading.

Update 3: Now it seems to come up intermittently again but only if I log out, quit, then reopen and log in again.

Update 4: Okay, it seems like sometimes it comes up after leaving it a while.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.52.12 PM.png
Novy

Hey there @PaulNoiseman

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We understand you’ve already tried reinstalling. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EdgarSelus

Hi i have the same issues like him. i already reinstall and clear the chance from the app, and the home page still not showing any music or podcast. so i try to use my other account in spotify and the home page its working as usual, but when i using my main account the home page didnt show all my music and podcast that I listen to

Mihail

Hey @edgar-selus,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - did you clean reinstall the app using this guide? We recommend using that one as it's very thorough and removes any possible damaged files.

If that didn't help we'd like to test whether or not happens across multiple devices. Could you let us know the make, model, OS version and Spotify version on those you have tested? Also, are you able to log in on our web player

We'd appreciate it if you also include a screenshot of what you see at your end in your reply.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Ivan

Hey @user-removed, 

Help’s here!

If a clean reinstall didn't fix this for you it's a good idea to check the hosts file on your PC for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that.

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network to check if you experience the same. 

If it works with another connection, it'd be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example, to restart your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

merijnman

I have the same issue, tried clean installing the app following your guide. The home screen shows "Couldn't find that page" and a big red box at the bottom "Oops something went wrong". Same for the web player when I am logged in, also on different browsers and after removing cookies etc.

However, when I am NOT logged in on the web player it DOES show things on the home page in the web player.

Perhaps it is related to the accounts?

Details:

win 10

App version: 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

Browsers tested: Firefox, Chrome

Mihail

Hey @merijnman,

Thanks for jumping in.

Could you ask a friend or family member to log in on one of your devices and see if the Home section load up correctly then? Alternatively you can create anew account here and run the check yourself. 

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

merijnman
Tried making another account, and that does show the home page. So it does seem related to the account.
Ryan108

Hi, I am also facing a similar issue. My homepage is not loading. I even tried to log into my account using my friends device but I am still facing the similar issue.The home page is showing (Coudn't find that page and oops something went wrong)