Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home page not loading in Desktop and web player - Couldn't find that page error

Desktop app for W10.

My homepage is empty. Been like this since last update.

spotify_home.png
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

Our tech teams have looked into this, but weren't able to reproduce it. Since this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now as it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the steps below as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
We hope this helps. If you still need a hand, you can start a new topic in the relevant Help board including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome and we'll take it from there.
Comments
Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reports and cooperation so far.

We've recently rolled out a new Spotify version for desktop. Could you perform one more clean reinstall and let us know if the issue persists? This ensures that you're running the most recent version and removes any corrupted files from previous installations.

@G666 reports that after updating his OS the issue got resolved. Could you also make sure that your running the latest OS version for your device?

We'd also appreciate any feedback whether or not this is still happening for those of you that use the web player. 

If the error message still comes up, please make sure to include the following info in your post:

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

polzy88

So I have the same issue (3 dots on home page, then eventually goes to the exclamation mark with "Couldn't find that page, search for something else?)". When trying to search for anything - it does nothing, when going into playlists, I cannot click into any of them, they have no titles or cover art. 

Spotify Version: 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a

I have tried the following but issue still remains

1. Application was originally installed through Windows store, removed - searched for any remaining Spotify folders - removed these. Shutdown PC, started router, re-installed through Windows store. Same issue

2. Uninstalled application per point above, downloaded latest exe setup from Spotify website - same issue

3. Tested spotify web player - loads a black screen. Cleared all cookies - page works, but as soon as I log in - goes back to black screen. 

4. Checked hosts file - no entries per the support page

5. Tested another machine - same issue (also tried reinstall)

6. Tested another account on both a Desktop (ethernet) and Laptop (wireless) - same issue. 

7. Temporarily turned off Windows Defender Firewall - same issue

8. Temporarily turned off any anti-virus - same issue

9. Reset Router to factory settings (wasn't sure if I had configured anything related to DNS, blocking etc.) - same issue. 

Spotify.PNGPlaylists.PNGMusic.PNG

superpinky

When I open the desktop app, on my Dell laptop, I'm unable to load the home page. The screen displays "Couldn't find that page. Try searching something else?" and the red popup bubble appears, saying "Oops, something went wrong"

I have deleted and re-downloaded the app, have check firewalls and cookies.

I'm a premium user and it's frustrating not to be able to load the home page, and see recommended playlist and songs.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

ParentalControl

Seem like this is happening on iOS now too. The home screen freezes the app and you can't do anything but if you use the long press short cut to your previous listened album or playlist it loads fine. But when you select the home page it freezes.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-on-iPhone-stopped-working-suddenly-when-upd...

fluidstandard

I am having the exact same problems. Spotify application on windows 10 does not display home page. Functionality is limited. Search is non functional. Spotify web player does not open. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps listed in the various forum posts. Please help!

Tylervetter

Same 😞 

fluidstandard

Figured it out!

I use NextDNS and it was one of the energized lists I think that was causing my issue. I now have only:

NextDNS Ads & Trackers Blocklist

AdGuard DNS filter

and everything seems to work OK now. I updated the DNS on my router then restarted the router and PC and we're all good now.

Shawnyve

After months of this no homepage/search/ issue, new updates, and clean reinstalls this latest update **bleep** it up totally. spotify after update 2021-08-17 173515.jpg

As soon as I log into my account, any account. This is my Spotify now. I can access a general text menu from three dots in the top left corner but clicking on anything does nothing, except clicking hardware acceleration off brings up a warning I click fine and nothing happens. I have clean installed the latest update 3x now with the same results.

If I use Microsoft store vrs it seems to be an update behind and I can at least listen to music but soon as my computer restarts it auto-updates...I always install OS updates within a few days of receiving them. I only use windows defender now, when it first started I used avg. I use an orbi router system. I don't have any DNS programs or filters that I know of or can find. I'm at a loss. 

As for web browsers. On Chrome I get a totally blank page. on firefox I get firefox spotify 2021-08-19 150801.jpg

Despite the thousands of hours of music I have playlisted I'm almost ready to drop Spotify.

Windows Home 10. 21H1. OS Build 19043.1165

Xenia
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

Our tech teams have looked into this, but weren't able to reproduce it. Since this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now as it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the steps below as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
We hope this helps. If you still need a hand, you can start a new topic in the relevant Help board including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome and we'll take it from there.
Shawnyve

After trying dozens of things I've figured out my issues. Plugging direct into my cable modem cleared the black screen and home/searched worked. Since I knew at that point it was the router I played around with a bunch of settings, googling for explanations, and finally one worked by changing a firewall setting for ipv6 on my router. Not thrilled with having to do that though so will explore more with the router company. Hopefully, this info will help someone else.