How can I remove an album from my phone's storage without removing it from My Library?

Plan

Premium

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Latest Android and Spotify

Edit: Android version  10 Build number QQ2A.200501.001.B3, Spotify 8.5.57.1164

The question is quite straightforward, I would like to add that it is extremely counterintuitive that turning the "Downloaded" toggle to off removes the album from my library as well, not only the download from my phone. I did not expect this behavior and lost an album because of it, as I don't remember the artists or album title. If you have any suggestions how I could get it back that would also be great.

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If others are experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If others are experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Hey @pepe9974 !

We've reported that albums are removed from Your library when you switch off the download toggle as this is not expected behavior.

You can reach out to our support team here and they should be able to help you revert Your library to an earlier state, but keep in mind you'll lose any changes made since then.

Hope this info helps.

Casual Listener

Hi @Elena,

Thanks for the help!

Music Fan

I have the same problem

Pixel 3, Android 10

Spotify version 8.5.58.954