Announcements

How the f*ck do I disable the sound overlay?

Like the title says, how do I turn off this f*cking annoying overlay that pops-up whenever I change the sound volume? Using Spotify Premium on Windows 10 by the way. http://i.imgur.com/rTQieVN.gifv

Hey all! Welcome to the community!

On the Ideas Exchange board there is an idea for this! You can add your kudos here. Also that page will be updated with any new information about this, so keep an eye out there!

Have a nice sunday! 🙂

Comments
Ultima2k

Wonder the same.

Appears whenever I use music hotkeys. Can't find any settings for this.

mayberoy

I don't think you can disable this as it's a Windows 10 function. You just have to wait a bit for it to go away automatically. 😞

Ultima2k

I would say it's a spotify function, since it came with the latest update...

mayberoy

Yeah you're right. My bad, sorry

shmg

Can no longer play browser based games and listen to Spotify because of this. Sort it out.

anthony1592

I swear each time spotify changes something it's for the worse. I've used Spotify premium since November 2012, and I feel they've stripped so much and added so much **bleep** that the relationship is wearing a bit thin...

I'm not the only one I know who feels this way too.

This new overlay feature actually causes Spotify to give me grief even when I'm not in the window :'(

Ultima2k

Yeah I have paid for premium for about 5 years and I'm getting quite frustrated when they do these things. It's not long ago when they just decided to simply take away the scrollbar.

I have nothing against them adding new stuff, but for **bleep** sake, don't force it on us!
A simple [X] in the window would have been enough!

Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey all! Welcome to the community!

On the Ideas Exchange board there is an idea for this! You can add your kudos here. Also that page will be updated with any new information about this, so keep an eye out there!

Have a nice sunday! 🙂