I can't find my Facebook friends on Spotify

Hi all,

I have been having the same problem for weeks and Spotify never get back to me with an actual answer to fix the problem and wanted to check if anyone else was having the same issues / knew how to resolve this.

Previousily I have been able to find my Facebook friends with Spotifyon the "Find Friends" button though recently when I have tried this Spotify tells me that "none of my Facebook friends are on Spotify" when I know this isn't the case.

I have logged in and out, restarted the app and have the latest version - even tried what has worked for other users from alternitive boards but nothing seems to fix the issue.

The problem has been logged with Spotify though they end up giving up and telling me that they will "email me when resolved" then I never hear back.

I wonder if anyone else has been having trouble with this or if anyone could give me some guidance it would be much appreciate.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 16.51.58.png

Hey folks!

The team have been working hard backstage.

Since our last post checking up on things, it seems that more of you have confirmed that this is now fixed for you.

In which case, we're going to close this one up 🙂

If this happens again however, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in a new thread.

We'll be right here if you need us.

Thanks again for your patience.

All the best,

/M

Comments
Leo
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the Spotify community!

We really appreciate your patience with this issue. Our tech folks are looking into it and will hopefully find a fix soon. In the meantime, if you could let us know the exact version of Spotify you're running, that'd be great.

Any questions or updates, just let us know 🙂

/L 

floranosnibor

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue, did you find a solution for this?

Thanks

Ti123

Hi 

I dont seem to be able to find any users on spotify... so i type in the search box who i am looking for .. not through facebook as i dont have it...but it doesnt show any profiles for users. Even if i type in my own i do not appear ... any suggestions ? 

Ti123

Hi 

I dont seem to be able to find any users on spotify... so i type in the search box who i am looking for .. not through facebook as i dont have it...but it doesnt show any profiles for users. Even if i type in my own i do not appear ... any suggestions ? 

Annethe71
Roadie

Hi, I have the same issue, can not search and find any users; unless I'm Facebook friends with them.

cheers,

Annethe

bootsmc

I'm having the same issue with profile search. Has a solution been found? 

kathyfreemanson

i have the same problem

Believe1869

I'm having a similar problem across all my devices (iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, PC) the search function isn't working for most profiles and playlists. Suddenly stopped working about a week ago. 

Jack
Roadie

Hi all!

Rest assured, we've got our best tech folks looking into this at the moment. We're aware of it, and we're investigating.

In the meantime, make sure you're running the latest firmware/software on your devices, and that you've got the latest version of the app. It might be worth following these steps to ensure that.

Thanks again for your patience! We'll keep everyone updated.

Related Issues