Announcements

I must have been hacked ?

Hi.

I cant understand that some artists keep apearing as source to new suggested music.

"Similar to Thirty Seconds To Mars" and "Because you listened to Green day"

I never listened to those artists.

Now I see that on my 2017Wrapped.com they are listed as my most played artists.

I have a premium family subscription and noone but me uses my login. How can that happen?

Thanks for your help.

spotify-2017-wrapped (1).png

Thanks for the info.

This might have happened for a number of reasons. Some of them include:

• Sharing your account with someone else
  • Leaving Spotify playing in the background and not noticing what's playing
  • Leaving your account available at a party/gathering so others could add tracks to play

We're afraid we won't be able to pull up new stats or update your playlist though. 

Nonetheless, we'll be sure to pass any feedback you have on this to the right team.

For now, we'll be closing this as 'Not an issue'. If you need anything else, feel free to let us know. We're always here to help!

Comments
SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @mortenrud, welcome to the Community!

Just to be sure, do you notice any Recently Played Artists on your profile that you didn't listen to? Do you see any playlists on your account that you didn't add? 

Also, when you listen to music, do you usally listen with AutoPlay enabled or disabled?

We'll see what we can suggest.

mortenrud

Hi SergioDavid

Thank you for your message.

No, I havn't noticed any "Recently Played Artist" on my profile that I did not recognice.

But I have had a lot of "Because you listened to ...." and "Jump back in ...." and "Similar to ....."

Many of those referring to unwanted artists.

I have been quite frustrated about this for a while and searched the forums for any clues or explanations.

It wasn't until I saw that these unwanted artists were on the top 5 of my most listened artist in the 2017 overview that I realized that something must be really wrong. 

I have sometimes used Autoplay, but I have never noticed that the autoplay function gives me music that didn't match the music I listened to.

Hope you can help

Morten Rud

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Thanks for the info.

This might have happened for a number of reasons. Some of them include:

• Sharing your account with someone else
  • Leaving Spotify playing in the background and not noticing what's playing
  • Leaving your account available at a party/gathering so others could add tracks to play

We're afraid we won't be able to pull up new stats or update your playlist though. 

Nonetheless, we'll be sure to pass any feedback you have on this to the right team.

For now, we'll be closing this as 'Not an issue'. If you need anything else, feel free to let us know. We're always here to help!

Env: prod