Announcements

I think my account was hacked

Hello,

I think my account was hacked recently. I have been autologged into my account on mobile for some time now and just 2 days ago when I clicked on the app, it asked me to login (which I thought was odd because of my constantly being logged in).

I was listening to music today on using the Spotify Desktop Application and I noticed there are some playlists in the left column that I have never seen before (and very specific). They include "ABBA Best of", "Pinoy Chart-Toppers", "Music for Malling", "Best of Manila Sound", "Chillax sa Gabi", "Al James - Pahinga" and others. I have never added these to my playlist. Is there a way for someone to check if my account was hacked? Has my private information been comprimised?

dairyman87 Spotify Account hacked.png

Hey there.

We haven't had any activity in this thread for a while, so we're closing it.

If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help.

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @dairyman87! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. It sounds like someone else is using your account. Could you follow all the steps from this page? Let me know how you get on.

Keep me posted! 🙂

dairyman87
Hi Huib,

Thanks for your reply. I followed the instructions from the page you linked
- reset my password, along with changing my passwords on my email and any
other locations. I never lost control of my account but have since removed
all the playlists. I'll reply back here if there are any other
developments. Thank you!
Leonardo

Hey @dairyman87!

Thanks for letting us know about this. Keep us informed about any development regarding this matter.

We'll be right here to help you.

Cheers.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't had any activity in this thread for a while, so we're closing it.

If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help.