Premium

Country

Uk

Device

iPhone XR/Jaguar InControl touch

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

Just upgraded from iPhone 5 (ios10.3) to iPhone XR (ios12.2). Unfortunately where the Spotify app worked beautifully with Jaguar incontrol and iPhone 5, now with the iPhone XR it is only possible to see the “Recently played” in “Your library”. All the other options such as “albums, playlists, stations etc” are no longer  displayed and therefore cannot be accessed. 

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app but still the same. 

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Using the app previously was such a pleasure especially on long journeys. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Comments
Locks
Casual Listener
Sent another email to Spotify last week showing the library screen as it used to look like on a iPhone but using a friends android phone.
As yet, no reply whatsoever.

Was hoping the fact that it works correctly on an android phone would be of help but it appears not.
jedge
Hi
Sorry to hear you’re having the same issue - it’s a very frustrating problem!
As far as I understand it needs an LR media software update to resolve it. I had the latest done and all was ok but I hadn’t realised I had auto update set on my iPhone and so the Spotify update seemed to overwrite it and I was back to square one! LR cannot reinstall the software again as the system doesn’t allow it.
I’m waiting for the next LR update to become available then hope all will work as it should do!
I can’t help but think Spotify should be able to work around this whatever software the car has.
Bil1965
Thanks for the update. I’m just being stalled. Apparently they’re looking
nigel-gell
Nothing new from this end - just continuing to use Apple Music…….
Locks
Casual Listener
Guess this problem only affects a small number of Spotify users so very low on the list of things to fix.
Would personally prefer a honest answer rather than nothing.
Bil1965
100%. Must impact all Landrover users with InControl and an IPhone.
Give the launch with Ricky Wilson etc. Pretty poor show Spotify.

Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

jedge

Usual patronising auto reply!

Locks
Casual Listener

Well that’s one way to sort it out. Got this message in the JLR app -

Spotify withdrawn

The Spotify application will be withdrawn from InControl Apps on September 30th 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

nigel-gell
Yes, I’ve had it also - thought this might happen. What a joke - no Apple Play, no Spotify, what next??