Premium

Country

Uk

Device

iPhone XR/Jaguar InControl touch

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

Just upgraded from iPhone 5 (ios10.3) to iPhone XR (ios12.2). Unfortunately where the Spotify app worked beautifully with Jaguar incontrol and iPhone 5, now with the iPhone XR it is only possible to see the “Recently played” in “Your library”. All the other options such as “albums, playlists, stations etc” are no longer  displayed and therefore cannot be accessed. 

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app but still the same. 

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Using the app previously was such a pleasure especially on long journeys. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Related Issues

Comments
Locks
Casual Listener
Hi Peter,

Have raised a case with support@spotify.com under the following case number
ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o281K9p:ref

I have supplied all relevant version information and recently sent a small video to demonstrate the problem. This was only done yesterday so no reply to that as yet.

Happy to post the same info here if required so please let me know if that would help as well.

Hey @Locks - no need to post the info again - we've spoken to our Customer Support team and they've confirmed that they've handling your case and investigating this issue.

We'll keep you both posted on this issue and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! 

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

jedge

I too have this problem. Have been in touch with support who blame LR. I belive it is to do with IOS/Spotify version as old phone with earlier IOS worked ok!!

nigel-gell
So frustrating - prestige car with rubbish infotainment. Apple Music works fine although interface pretty childish - not even Apple Play.
jedge
Absolutely agree! I can’t even retrofit CarPlay as I have the 8” screen even though I've an HSE model. I did have an aftermarket audio system fitted that blows away the Meridian setup although I did have issues with LR warranty. I’m waiting in the hope that CarPlay can be fitted thats compatible with InControl SatNav etc. But the whole InCar system sucks and as you say for a premium vehicle it’s breathtakingly abysmal.

I have been told that the issue is a combination of InControl, Spotify & IOS updates, who knows when it will be sorted!!

Bil1965
I agree. Just a joke. I’ve a Autobiography and paid extra £1000’s to
upgrade to Reference sounds system. Although I understand this has nothing
to do with in control I paid for the “sound” upgrade as I could access my
Spotify library.

I’m surprised with Spotify’s response to this also - seems they couldn’t
care less.

Perhaps we should e-mail Ricky Wilson? He was the guy who launched the LR
Spotify app. Perhaps they’ll listen to him?

@ Spotify are you readying this. You said this had been escalated. What’s
the update?

Locks
Casual Listener
Hi
So this is the reply from Spotify to an update request -

We checked with the technical team, but currently don't have an update from them. We'd really appreciate your patience and will make sure to get back to you as soon as we hear from them.

We hope for your understanding. If you have other questions, please let us know.

So looks like there may still be a chance this will be resolved. Just a waiting game now I guess.
jedge
Hi I would be interested to know how you get on with them. I’ve been that route over two weeks of to & fro communication with the end result of being told by Spotify to get in touch with LR as it is their problem!
This I did and was told by them that I needed a software update this is what I did and all worked ok - but then I (automatically) updated Spotify only to find the problem returned!!!
I’ve been told by LR that I have to wait for the next one. They can’t overwrite and re install. I still believe it’s an issue with Spotify Good luck!
Bil1965

Well after three chase up emails every 4 weeks or so, same old nonsense replys. 

Apparently the team associated with this are still working on it.

@ Spotify I don’t believe you and if your developers really do take 4 months to identify the issue let alone begin to fix it; you’ve got serious problems. 

I would far rather you are honest with me than mislead.  Oh and the odd update like you promised would be good!