Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Inbox/sharing with another user disappeared

My option to view my inbox and share music with another user was no longer available when I opened Spotify on my computer today... the "share" feature only offers the option to share with my followers, and the inbox icon is gone entirely. How do I fix this so that I can send and receive music with other Spotify users again? Thanks!

Comments
MartinStoichkov

Hey @annierafferty11, thanks for posting! 

The inbox was actually taken down, you can read the whole info here : ) 

You can also leave your vote and comments to this ideawhich suggesting bringing back the inbox

annierafferty11

Thanks! I voted on the forum suggesting that they bring it back. Really bummed to hear that they took it away, especially without notice... I just lost years long threads with people. 

JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Closed

jp771

I too lost (without warning) a thread of songs and playlists (shared). So disappointed this happened...again without warning. I tried to "vote" but it is already "closed" after only 5 days. So strange. Too bad the data isn't retrievable. 

ricrad

Yes, I've been struggling to find a way to very simply share a playlist with another user (but not through FB/Twitter or any other socials channel) - you know just how you used to be able to do it!! [Right-click playlist, share to follower, choose follower, done!!]

Why does Spotify insist on making retrograde steps with each update?