Announcements

Increase Your Music Maximum

I've just hit the 10.000 Song limit and have to say this is quite annoying. As someone having grown up with digital music and practically endless hard drive space even the amount of songs on my Laptop is more than that...

And yes, I have seen this answer: "At the moment we don’t have plans to extend the Your Music limit. The reason is because less than 1% of users reach it. The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%."
Which is not really explaining anything, since the limit seems quite arbitrary to me. Your Songs is nothing but a playlist and any playlist format I know takes up a ridiculously small amount of drive space and consumes negligible computing power.

Might I have a more extensive, technical explanation to why this limit is needed or a higher limit?

Hey @Vallet13

Thanks for your feedback, we'll make sure to pass on your comments to the right folks. 

We don't have any info on this, but we'd recommend saving your music on playlists so you don't have any issues. 

Hope that helps. 

Comments
Mara_F
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Vallet13

Thanks for your feedback, we'll make sure to pass on your comments to the right folks. 

We don't have any info on this, but we'd recommend saving your music on playlists so you don't have any issues. 

Hope that helps. 

Vallet13

Since I tend to listen to all of my collection on random usually, saving things to playlists doesn't help here. All people like me need is one list with a large capacity. I love using Spotify to discover new things, but with the limit it's mostly useable on my phone and on my PCs I have another player with my local music which is kind of inconvenient...

gigzalot

Dear Spotify,

There are plenty more than the present 7 votes in support of this issue (and we know you know this).

Please. PLEASE! Increase the 10k limit on playlists.

Love,

Us, your loving fans

Env: prod